Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my 03 convertible to sound like this and cannot find an email or phone number for wickedvette productions if anyone knows who's car this is please figure out a way to get me in touch with them. i just put some borla stingers on and a bassani x-pipe on and it doesnt sound like this video at all. if anyone else can help out in figuring out why i have the same catback exhaust as this video and my car sounds so much different, please explain. would stock exhaust manifolds vs aftermarket headers change the type(pitch) of sound or would different x-pipes (made by different companies) change the sound too? cats vs no cats change the pitch or just make the same pitch louder without cats? please help. i feel lost with my car not being the way i want it to be, well....your all corvette owners too....you know what i mean.

i hope i have not violated any copyright laws by posting this, but i really need to get in touch with this owner because this is simply the best sounding c5 i have heard. i had to load the video onto youtube because i could not remember which website i got the file from onto my computer and could not figure out how to load it from my computer so i just created a link. i hope if the owner see's this that he is flattered and not offended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JtaGqxVth4

http://www.wickedvette.com/

·
Registered
939 Posts
:partyon: Throw some Long Tube Headers on there with 1 7/8" pipes... it will sound like a demon from hell. Not to praise the dark side, but my buddy has a 2006 Mustang GT with Headers and a magnaflow catback, the thing is the baddest sounding car i've ever heard; he said it was the headers that gave it that demonic tone.

Just my .02

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
That sounds rough very nice music to me ears:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey all, not trying to troll here.

I have a 5.0 Mustang but am thinking of getting a C5 because it's better than the Mustang in just about everything.

But honestly, I've never heard a Chevy sound as good as a Mustang. In fact, I can usually tell what kind of car an exhaust belongs to before I even see the car.

Does anybody know why this is? I have a Mac catback (dumped) and it's ridiculous. Sounds like I'm packing a high compression cammed big block. No other exhaust mods.

Does anybody know what mods are required to make a Chevy sound like a Stang?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mustangs have there own particular sound and so does an ls1. I think it has do with the firing order. the ls1 sounds different than a small block chevy as well. They seem to have more of an exotic sound to them. My suggestion is long tube headers and for the mustang sound i would get a flow master or something along that line with a deeper tone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was in a world of dissapointment & experimented with a few of the common setups then I was lucky enough to run across my 20" chambered tips, the phenominal thunder that she now roars & amazing increase in torque achieved by these things is in a class of it's own, cant quite figure out why more people hav'nt discovered them, as far as I'm concerned nothin can match them. oh dont forget the X-pipe .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mustangs have there own particular sound and so does an ls1. I think it has do with the firing order. the ls1 sounds different than a small block chevy as well. They seem to have more of an exotic sound to them. My suggestion is long tube headers and for the mustang sound i would get a flow master or something along that line with a deeper tone.
I'm thinking you're right. Therefore, a Chevy can never sound like a Mustang. God I'm gonna miss that sound. Oh well.

I was in a world of dissapointment & experimented with a few of the common setups then I was lucky enough to run across my 20" chambered tips, the phenominal thunder that she now roars & amazing increase in torque achieved by these things is in a class of it's own, cant quite figure out why more people hav'nt discovered them, as far as I'm concerned nothin can match them. oh dont forget the X-pipe .
What are you talking about? Can you provide a URL to the manufacturer or somewhere that sells this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw, a mustang should never be mentioned in the same sentence with a corvette, unless it mentions the mustang being lost in the smokey rear view mirror :smack

keep trollin.....keep trollin:down:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought them of someone from this site the ad is still on page 4 in the C5 parts for sale section, hope it helps I really dont know much more about them myself, other than they sound better than any system I've heard, I still cant belive the sound is really coming out of my ride.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
definitely, the mustang is america's car huh?...lol. buddy, dont you feel like a wannabe talking about mustangs in a corvette forum? dam, your stinking up my thread and the rest of digitalcorvettes.com. your wasting valuable time, shouldnt you be trying to figure out how your going to save enough money to buy a vette?

·
Registered
594 Posts
:agree: :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
as soon as I get the heads back on my car I'll put a sound byte here so you can get an idea of what I'm talkin about. prob. about a week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts