Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions on which spark plugs work best in the L-98 engines? I have debated the Bosch +4's but have heard mixed reviews. Several Chevy Truck owners reported bad luck with them. Anyone try them on an L-98? Good/bad reviews welcome. Also anyone have any experience with the NGK iridium plugs?

Thanks.

· Super Moderator
8,623 Posts

· DC Crew
19,505 Posts
If you aren't running any significant mods the standard AC Delco plugs are proven more than capable, esp given the high prices of platinum and iridium plugs.

Iridiums advantage is running long life (many to 100k miles) if that's a consideration for you then it may be cost effective. I changed my Toyota iridium plugs at 105k, they looked almost new.

· Premium Member
2,074 Posts
haven't done any dyno testing but I can't tell any seat of the pants difference between the +4 or the Bosch standard platinum. Take that back.. the plus 4 did seem to lighten my wallet significantly compared to the regular platinum..

Plugs changed about every 40K just because and the standard gap was still good with only a little wear on the end of the electrode.

· Registered
420 Posts
I am using the NGK, and the cost from Amazon.com was just a tad more than the AC-Delco from a local auto parts store.

· I have poor impulse control.
3,796 Posts
Anyone have any opinions on which spark plugs work best in the L-98 engines? I have debated the Bosch +4's but have heard mixed reviews. Several Chevy Truck owners reported bad luck with them. Anyone try them on an L-98? Good/bad reviews welcome. Also anyone have any experience with the NGK iridium plugs?

Thanks.
NGK Iridium are probably the most popular. I went with ACDelco Platinum when I replaced mine a few years ago. Will probably go with the NGK's next time

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know about the E3's personally but just read this on another corvette Forum:

"Last Easter Sunday I was driving my wonderful 1998 C5 and it started to run really rough, wouldn't idle, smelled like sulfur, and missed like crazy. I was freaking out(old 70's term). I did make it to my mechanic, left the car, and waited till Monday. Turns out it was a bad plug in the #2 hole. I can't believe that a bad plug made the engine run so freaking bad. I've had E3's in the car since 08-08 and it ran great till now. I checked on line and found other stories like mine involving that plug. Needless to say, they're coming out now. By the way, they're all a nice caramel color. My question is, what is a good plug for a Vette engine with 151,000 plus miles on it. The car still runs great and I wanna keep it that way."

I don't know the person that posted the thread but it sounds like he has done some checking on them?

I gonna try the NGK iridiums.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.