Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i pull the #1 plug wire, point it at the smog pump bracket and have the wife crank the motor over? I have 45lbs of pressure at the rail, went down to 40lbs after letting the car sit for 10 mins. New ignition module, coil, cap and rotor. Check for spark later.
Mahalo

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
The best way? Lick your fingers and hold the end of the plug. :laughing:The safest way? Do what you already said:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve, i'll wait til it gets dark outside to make sure i get a good result.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Just plug an extra spark plug into one of the SP wires:laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
The best way? Lick your fingers and hold the end of the plug. :laughing:The safest way? Do what you already said:thumbsup:
Actually, my fingers being usually dirty from ass wiping (toilet paper is expensive), I put it on my tongue :partyon:

a++ Cedric

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

no no no, you are supposed to put your tounge to it while someone else cranks it

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, narrowing it down.... plenty of fuel, but no spark. Pulled #3 plug, put next to bracket, nothing.... even after all the new ignition parts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another way to check for spark is to hook a timing light up and crank while pulling the trigger. If the light flashes, you are getting spark.
A lot easier with two people.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Another way to check for spark is to hook a timing light up and crank while pulling the trigger. If the light flashes, you are getting spark.
A lot easier with two people.
Love that old school thinking. My era.:thumbsup:

Actually the best way is to pee on the wire while your wife cranks the car over. Gets your attention real fast!:partyon:

Yes, hold the wire near a ground and you should see bright blue spark.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I quess i could try the old coil again. One of the reasons i changed the coil was because of my no start / endless cranking situation. It was old as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts