Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
now a 65 i would have had to keep , if it all possible , i kick my self in the pants everytime i think about this one , 15 years ago i could have bought a red 64 vert 4 speed car for $20,000.00 :spanked:

oak
I sold the '65 4 speed AC car, yes AC option car, for $18,500 in 1987. That same day I went to the Harley Davidson dealer and drove home a new big twin and then went to the bank and deposited $8,000
I had bought the car in '84 for 10k and really did nothing to it.

That was one wild day when I sold it. But 20 years later did I think it would be worth as much as it is, NO! :surprised Can't keep them all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
if we are talking about engines to rebuild, or for performance aesthetics, i would choose the 99-04 engines, preferably, the ls6 aluminum engine block, casting number 12561168. they are designed to handle high horseopwer applications.for the most part, they are identical to the 01' and later blocks. pre '01 blocks have a hole machined through the main webs to improve bay-to-bay crankcase breathing. that hole cures the bay-to-bay oil vapor pumping issue, but the cast in ports found in the '01 and later blocks are more desirable, and they are much of an improvement! the 97-98 blocks have a problem with oil flow to the mail lifter oil galleys, plus that limits the equal flow. hope this helps.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow first post in the C5 section. I have a basic question that I am sure has been asked before or not but here goes.

What is the best year or years for the C-5's? Are there any reasons to stay away from a particular year? I guess what I am trying to say is that like the 68 C-3 is always regarded as the worst C-3 to own by most people (not my opinion) because of the many poor quality issues it had. Likewise the first C-4 is generally considered to be one to stay away from.

I may be looking to buy a C-5 in the near future and wanted to start my research now. Any help would be appreciated.
I've been driving my 2000 C5 convertible for over 4 years now (weekend car, not daily only 32k miles on it) It's never given me ANY problems. Only done 3000mi oil changes, nothing else. Runs and handles great. Buy one! Paid 20K for it which seemed high at the time, but in exceptional condition and it appears value are rising according to KBB.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
With some early models there are some parts that are no longer available AT ALL. the early 2000's had some oiling problems. I opted for a 04Z and really haven't had any problem other than a right bank leaning out if I get on it hard (as in drag racing) and an ABS module that went south that ASBFixer repair for about $150. The only other expense is rear tires ever 8-10K miles.... 😁

Reactions: HN376RAR
21 - 25 of 25 Posts