Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(If you have also been ripped off by Beck Racing Engines, or know someone who has, click here )

Here is the story of our dealings with Beck Racing Engines. Please don't let yourself become a victim as well.

April 2007: We put down $25,000 towards a $53,000 polished and blown aluminum big block and transmission package. Delivery is promised in 8 weeks.

August 2007: Demands another $10,000 or he will stop the build on the engine.(Already 2 months late) We reluctlantly sent the $10,000 with demands for a date of completion.(Which we never recieved)

October 2007: Flew down to Phoenix to witness the shakedown runs of the engine on the engine dyno. When we arrived, the engine was on the dyno minus plumbing, electrical and 10-71 blower. We were informed by Frank that the Blower Shop had delivered an unfinished blower. He stated that the "rotors would not spin freely". We were led to believe by Frank that another blower was being rushed in for the weekend. After waiting for 3 days, nothing ever showed up. We contacted the Blower Shop only to find out that Frank had never actually ordered up a supercharger for us at all. After finding this out and arriving home, we contacted Frank to let him know we would be meeting him while at SEMA to discuss our frustration.

SEMA: While walking the show, we find our serial numbered, documented and dyno presented engine sitting in the booth of Gear Drive Vendors INC.(They are good people and were not aware that the engine Frank lent them was a customers) We then tracked Frank down on his cell phone and then confronted him at the MSD booth. After catching him in multiple lies, we had uncovered the fact that the engine presented to us via email, photos, documentation and serial numbers was not our engine, and that we had been stolen from and defrauded after 7 months the sum of $35,000.

December 2007: We have aggressively persued Frank Beck since SEMA only to be met with belligerent, threatening, victom-role behavior. We have further uncovered over 2 dozen arrests and convictions to include a felony theft in May 2007. We currently are building a SEMA going 69 Camaro. The client is very upset and progress has been very slow because of this issue. At this time, we are working with detectives in the Phoenix police department and the state attorney generals office to have Frank brought up on theft, fraud and felony charges.. To date, we are out our $35,000. We have purchased our transmission elsewhere and have now started the engine building process all over with a more reputable builder who we have done our homework on.

Please, do your homework and a background check as we have also uncovered over a dozen judgements pending against him, all for the sums of $30,000-$50,000. Don't end up in the same situation that we did.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I would have taken the engine at SEMA ! You have the emails and S/N's saying that it's yours.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I just got an e-mail from them....

Dear Webmaster,

Would you please have your Administrator contact me regarding the false information being posted on your site. Shaun Duncan from Speedware Motorsports and his employees are making unsubstantiated & false claims about Beck Racing Engines. We are currently having our attorneys draw up a suit for Liable & defamation of character. I recommend you delete these threads entirely as we would hate to include you in this suit. Digital Corvettes is a great & very informative site that we have used often and would like to continue doing so, but this bashing & flame bait deal he had posted here is just a bunch of spewing and does not do either of us any justice.

I have attached some of the threads for your reference.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1031451
Your immediate reply would be greatly appreciated,

Frank Beck
President / CEO
B.R.E. Motorsports, INC.
2639 N 33rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85009
www.beckracingengines.com
Phone 602-477-1700
Cell 623-780-1001
Fax 602-477-1704

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
And I thought my $70.00 from CHICAGO CORVETE SUPPLY was alot of money to be lost > but if BECK RACING ENGINES company is true dammmmm:WTF
hope all works out for him !!! that he gets his money or the motor !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just got an e-mail from them....

Dear Webmaster,

Would you please have your Administrator contact me regarding the false information being posted on your site. Shaun Duncan from Speedware Motorsports and his employees are making unsubstantiated & false claims about Beck Racing Engines. We are currently having our attorneys draw up a suit for Liable & defamation of character. I recommend you delete these threads entirely as we would hate to include you in this suit. Digital Corvettes is a great & very informative site that we have used often and would like to continue doing so, but this bashing & flame bait deal he had posted here is just a bunch of spewing and does not do either of us any justice.

I have attached some of the threads for your reference.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1031451
Your immediate reply would be greatly appreciated,

Frank Beck
President / CEO
B.R.E. Motorsports, INC.
2639 N 33rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85009
www.beckracingengines.com
Phone 602-477-1700
Cell 623-780-1001
Fax 602-477-1704

I guess this was the immediate reply......in this posting :rolling: :rolling: Great stuff!

Speedware, this sucks big time, this is serious money. I hope you can get all your money back and then some.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Speedware, that was your first post... Let's see some photos of this customers car for credibility. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I can tell by Patricks post Frank Beck is NOT a supporting vendor.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
for the life of me that new motor from chevy the ZL1 427 one of a few made is in the high thousands of dollars and not a racing motor??? tomorrow I will look for the price of that motor?? im sure someone will beat me to that punch [ I looked into mr goodwrench site and all it said was coming soon with no price ]

·
Registered
910 Posts
for the life of me that new motor from chevy the ZL1 427 one of a few made is in the high thousands of dollars and not a racing motor??? tomorrow I will look for the price of that motor?? im sure someone will beat me to that punch [ I looked into mr goodwrench site and all it said was coming soon with no price ]

The alum one is I think 25000 (only 427 will be made) and the iron block one is 12000.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts