Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CarSkinz-

After tons of phone calls from both my wife and I and emails to your from your site with no success, you finally called me a little before July 10th to tell me the seat covers were finished. It is now Sept 18th and I have not heard from you since and never saw the seat covers.

As you can see this is very fustrating since I dropped quite a bit of money on the custum seat covers I am yet to recieve..Afterall 2 months ago they were complete. Surely it should not take that long to ship out something.

What saddens me is that according to those who were lucky enough to actually see your products are raving about your work. It's the reason I chose you.

I'm sorry to take it here, but I feel like this is the only way to contact you as the phone and email does not seem to work.

Can you please tell me what is going on, will I ever get the product I ordered? I've already missed a few big car shows I was hoping to have them installed for.

Thank You for your time-

For everybody else, do your reseach before doing business. If I knew then what I know now I would have chosen a different vendor..

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
if you think they are going to respond on here, think again.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I just tried to contact Chris..No luck..

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried to contact Chris..No luck..
Are you waiting on something too? Use this thread to post your troubles. No sense to start anymore...

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Are you waiting on something too? Use this thread to post your troubles. No sense to start anymore...
No.I had no problems with my stuff. i was just seeing if Chris was around.:cheers:

ZEP

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the same company that -=Jeff=- waited forever for parts if he ever got them, I don't recall. Just one more company I won't deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update..

Hubby has little time to fight with this and I'm always up for a challenge :)

I called them again and got the VM (No surprise, been down that road already) and told them that I wanted to know what is going on and that I wanted the product we paid a lot of money for and was told was finished over 2 months ago. I then told them that I did not want to take this further but I am prepared to.

I have been gathering info and first step will be to report him to the BBB and recommend the rest of you who had problems to do the same. I don't have a business address for the company so if any of you have that PM me.
If BBB can't resolve this, I may look into our legal rights.. We are talking over a grand in money here.

Everyone who reads this.. Lesson learned.. Do your research on a company before buying. This vendor is no longer a supporting vendor of forum as well as another (First red flag). There is numerous of the same complaints on different forums I looked at (Bigger red flag).

There is no reason to take over two months to ship a finished product esp after you call the patron and tell them the product is finished. That is inexcusable.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Uh-oh, when Momma ain't happy...

:laughing:

I hope you either get the product you want or the money back, PRONTO!

P.S. Have you contacted Butler Chevrolet? Here is there address:

759 Gravois Bluff Blvd.,Fenton, Missouri

Their site lists them as their "retail outlet in the St. Louis area."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Uh-oh, when Momma ain't happy...

:laughing:

I hope you either get the product you want or the money back, PRONTO!

P.S. Have you contacted Butler Chevrolet? Here is there address:

759 Gravois Bluff Blvd.,Fenton, Missouri

Their site lists them as their "retail outlet in the St. Louis area."
Yes Momma's not happy, esp when it screws with our baby (that is the vette) :)

I had not but now that you pointed that out I will look into it.

TY!!

FYI Update:

I have sent ANOTHER email this time demanding my money back. Now that I'm doing more reading I am hearing that people are getting back shotty work and then finding themselves in a mess. That bothers me considering the price AWM paid for the work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Chris owes me parts too. I have been promised many times that my parts would be done by the end of the week, only to find out they havn't showed up. I cannot reach him either. He doesn't answer emails or phonecalls. If you are lucky enough to get a response, he says "it'll be done by then end of the week"

Anyone live near St Louis? I'm ready to go and find him!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Anyone live near St Louis? I'm ready to go and find him!
I've already been taken by an unscrupulous business, and often thought about how I would exact my revenge. Ultimately, I convinced myself that I would probably get in major trouble myself, and still not get any form of reimbursement in the end.

I just hope there is karma, and that they eventually get theirs. :nuts:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've already been taken by an unscrupulous business, and often thought about how I would exact my revenge. Ultimately, I convinced myself that I would probably get in major trouble myself, and still not get any form of reimbursement in the end.

I just hope there is karma, and that they eventually get theirs. :nuts:
Theres got to be a few forum members in the St Louis area that could possibly find out where he is, and maybe get an alternate phone number for him.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked up Butler Chevrolet. I'll be calling them on Monday to see if I can get some information on how to get a hold of Chris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck to you all on this. I demanded my money back due to lack of no product and nothing.. I'm putting together a case to file to the BBB and considering having a lawyer send a registered letter to the business demanding either the product or our money back...

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the same company that -=Jeff=- waited forever for parts if he ever got them, I don't recall. Just one more company I won't deal with.
yep, all that time and I am not really that impressed with the work

and only a couple things got done..

Here are the #s I have for Carskinz

636-227-7569

636-671-1641

hope those are the ones you have

·
Registered
175 Posts
I live near St. Louis if you need me to drive by somewhere.
It would be best during the weekend though.

Did you try contacting GM?
Carskinzusa website says they are licensed by GM.
I'd bet if you can get GM involved in this, you will get restitution pretty quick. I doubt they want their name dragged through the mud along with this guy.

Did you look at their Myspace page?
He is listed as living in House Springs. I have a good friend that owns a shop in House Springs. I just got off the phone with him and he thinks he knows him.
Our conversation got cut short as a customer walked in, but send me a PM and I'll reply with what I can find out later. My friend did mention the guy didn't give him a business card though.

Rich

1 - 20 of 28 Posts