Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like that 572 slid in with very little issue. Had to change the brake vacumn to a smaller diameter and add a vacum booster. Lost the wipers that kinda blows but dont drive in the rain if I can help it and will use some rainx. Maybe I will figure a way to run them some other way since the vacumn cannister that controls them was in the way and had to be removed. Running sidepipes and may have to add some sort of switch mechanism to have larger pipes run straight out the back to let her breath. Still not sure the L88 hood will allow air cleaner clearence so still toying with some ideas on how to get around that.

I have added a couple pic's from when it was first set in about 6 weeks ago and will update with some newer picks in a day or two. I am going to take a look at her today.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I can't wait to hear it run

Very nice project you have going there

Bon

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Looks good, it is going to be a beast.

With a zz502, I had to cut the l88 hood scoop off and add a couple of inches. I've got a 3" filter element, and the filter lid just touches the inside of the hood scoop.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If you go to a later model hood they cover the wipers, and you can remove the wiper door and all the equiptment that goes with it. Lose about 15 pounds.

Looken good...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
You should probably consider stiffening the frame. Turbo84 did a lot of work to stiffen the frame without a cage or cutting the body. There is a thread on it from a few years ago.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am not planning on racing it so I dont think I will need to worry about strengthening the frame. But thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Well I am not planning on racing it so I dont think I will need to worry about strengthening the frame. But thanks for the information.
If you start seeing stress cracks in the body, it will be due to the frame flex.

My 68 suffered from that and it was a factory BB car. The 75 body started breaking up a bit (fenders started to separate on the front) after installing the 502.

You have a nice looking car, and it will definitely be a blast to drive with a 572!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Youre definately giving some good advice from experience and I thank you. I will certainly keep an eye out for the things youve mentioned. I am sure even without actually racing it I will find it difficult not to jump all over it from time to time. With the 20 inch rear tires it grabs enough to do some damage I'm sure. I bet your 502 is a blast also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice Vette

Very nice, I put a big block in my 68 vette but my headers are hitting my steering box. What type of headers did you use?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
One other thing that really helped the bb 502 was changing over the HEI to an MSD 6AL. You can use the same distributor, so it isn't too expensive. Not only did it run better, you get a rev limiter.

I drove a Firebird with a 572 and it is a lot more powerful than the 502.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Very nice!:thumbsup:

Your car gives me hope that one day my 69 will actually have an engine in it.:laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts