Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
ok so great news. i have finished the 1971 big block car. and i would like to say it is a beast. but you don't have to taqke my word for it. tomorrow i gotta strap it down to the dyno and see what this thing can do. below is the man that makes all of this possible. the Real vetteXpert, Tony Gounis.

the car now sits a little lower and the center caps are installed. i will get pics tomorrow while it is on the dyno.

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
looks like a great build! Nice work :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
we will be getting to that ford truck soon now that this is coming to a close. here are some pics. and i will try to figure out how to get video posted up here so 87vette70TA and junk can hear how awesome this beast sounds

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
we will be getting to that ford truck soon now that this is coming to a close. here are some pics. and i will try to figure out how to get video posted up here so 87vette70TA and junk can hear how awesome this beast sounds

Go back to C5 Tech to the Supercharging thread Autowiz.
Read my last post to You & Hardcore & Zinc.
We are the Fearsome 4 Race Mechanics on DC.
PUT YOUR VOTE IN.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
this motor is a 540 c.i. and before it went in the car, on an engine dyno it made 687hp and 637tq.

·
Registered
108 Posts
540 big block

this motor is a 540 c.i. and before it went in the car, on an engine dyno it made 687hp and 637tq.
:thumbsup:
I built a 540 for my 1970 over the last several years, haven't sparked it yet but I am expecting very similar results that you got...i am using an edelbrock efi manifold, the one with the 90mm throttle body in the front. Merlin 3 heads, ported, beehive springs. Compression is 10.25:1..Cam is a hydraulic roller 248/248 at 50, 650 lift, 114 lsa. This manifold supposedly made 25 more hp than the standard one, has way more plenum volume. The guy I bought the cam from said my motor would make 700 easy, I don't know for sure yet, I'd be happy with 650.
I matched it to a richmond hd 5 spd.
I wanted to ask about the shark kit in the rear suspension, how did it pan out? Sure looks good! So it's welded to the trailing arms? Also, what size rims in the back? I may go that route.
Thx
Ed :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
the torque this motor makes is crazy. and because its all motor and no power adder, you get it sooner. it doesn't really much matter the gear you are in or the speed you are going. you stab the gas and it pulls. hard.

the sharkbite kit worked out awesome. there were other parts to the build that were not sharkbite related. the trailing arms were offset van steel and there was a van steel sway bar added for the offset trailing arms. and the lower links were upgraded to solid bushings. it is stiff, and the owner likes it real low. for a track car this thing is a force to be reckoned with. It grips the road well. on launch and around the turns. it doesn't squat near as bad as the leaf spring. for a daily driver, maybe all solid bushings everywhere doesn't make for the smoothest ride. but then I guess who could afford the gas to have a 540ci as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
18" rally wheels

What size tires are those? I just bought 18 x 8 rally's for my 69 I think im going to go with 235/45/18 front and 255/45/18 on back, I'm alsop going with the van steel coil overs and offset ta's

41 - 50 of 50 Posts