Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
C4 Big Brake / Small Brake / Wheels Question

All right, not a C4 expert so here goes...

I know that earlier C4s had 12" rotors and later C4s 13" rotors. I think as a result the wheel diameter went from 16" to 17".

My question is:

When the wheel diameter size increased, did the offset and backspace change?

If you put later C4 later/bigger wheels on an early C4 do the wheels/tires sit the same distance in/out from the fenders?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Hi mate, in answer to your question the later models C4 17" wheels need a spacer if put on earlier models C4 cars.:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i thought the early c4s had like 11inch or 11.5 inch rotors and the later ones had 12 inch rotors... not sure but i read that somewhere.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My 84 has 11 inch rotors all around. Seems to me the later cars had something huge like 13 inch rotors on the front, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All right, not a C4 expert so here goes...

I know that earlier C4s had 12" rotors and later C4s 13" rotors. I think as a result the wheel diameter went from 16" to 17".

My question is:

When the wheel diameter size increased, did the offset and backspace change?

If you put later C4 later/bigger wheels on an early C4 do the wheels/tires sit the same distance in/out from the fenders?
The 89-96 models were 17x9.5 with 56mm offset.
The 84-87 models were mostly 16x8.5 with 32mm and 16x9.5 with 38mm offset. As the width increased then the backspacing on the wheel increased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts