Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save 15% on MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires and NGK spark plugs at PFYC.com

Until 4/12/11, use promo code TOONUP to pick up a set of our high quality MSD 32813 (black - sorry, red is not included in this offer) spark plug wires and NGK TR55, TR55IX, or TR6 spark plugs for 15% off!

----------------

MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires 32813 32819 GM LSX Engines

--------------

NGK V-Power and Iridium Spark Plugs

--------------

To see a full line-up of our 1997-2004 Corvette C5 new items, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our 1997-2004 Corvette C5 sales and specials, please click here.

·
996 Posts
Well, my car is nearing 100,000 miles and I don't think the plugs and wires have ever been changed... Might be a good time to do it.

Anybody have experience with these plugs and wires? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Well, my car is nearing 100,000 miles and I don't think the plugs and wires have ever been changed... Might be a good time to do it.

Anybody have experience with these plugs and wires? Any suggestions?
Yes me too i have just hit 100k and am doing tuneup this week. What plugs should i use for a 2002 z06. If the wires are good why should you change them??

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't used the MSD's on my Vette yet, but have on other cars. I think they are great.
I've experienced smoother idle and better throttle response.

I'm not ready for new plugs and wires yet, but I will get these when the time comes.

I've also used the Iridium plugs in some other cars, but really didn't notice a difference from the Bosch Platinums I normally use. There are many guys in my Conquest/Starion clubs that swear by them though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes me too i have just hit 100k and am doing tuneup this week. What plugs should i use for a 2002 z06. If the wires are good why should you change them??
There's no gain to be had if your existing wires are still good.

NGK's part lookup says your Z06 takes a TR5 (copper) or TR5IX. Not quite the same as the one we offer on this sale but we do have them here:

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN3091/VT/NGK+V-Power+and+Iridium+Spark+Plugs+-+GM+V8.html?a_aid=dc

I haven't used the MSD's on my Vette yet, but have on other cars. I think they are great.
I've experienced smoother idle and better throttle response.

I'm not ready for new plugs and wires yet, but I will get these when the time comes.

I've also used the Iridium plugs in some other cars, but really didn't notice a difference from the Bosch Platinums I normally use. There are many guys in my Conquest/Starion clubs that swear by them though.
The Bosch Platinum is just about the same as the Iridium. If you have been using those and like them, there is no reason to switch unless you want to try something new and if you can find a better price on Iridium. I've been using Iridium for over 10 years on all of my machines (motorcycle included) and love them to death.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
There's no gain to be had if your existing wires are still good.

NGK's part lookup says your Z06 takes a TR5 (copper) or TR5IX. Not quite the same as the one we offer on this sale but we do have them here:

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN3091/VT/NGK+V-Power+and+Iridium+Spark+Plugs+-+GM+V8.html?a_aid=dc

The Bosch Platinum is just about the same as the Iridium. If you have been using those and like them, there is no reason to switch unless you want to try something new and if you can find a better price on Iridium. I've been using Iridium for over 10 years on all of my machines (motorcycle included) and love them to death.
Thanks will place order in morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts