Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any company that makes a bike carier for a C4? I'm gonna need a way to get a mountain bike around with my Vette and can't find anything made for a C4.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I saw a bike carrier on a C4 not long ago. Don't know where he got it, but apparently they make them, unless he made it himself. Not much help. :huh:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bob88con said:
I saw a bike carrier on a C4 not long ago. Don't know where he got it, but apparently they make them, unless he made it himself. Not much help. :huh:
What kind of carrier was this? I looked when I got my car and the only thing I could come up with was to put the "trailer package" on the vette and use one of the receiver setups.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
stu said:
What kind of carrier was this? I looked when I got my car and the only thing I could come up with was to put the "trailer package" on the vette and use one of the receiver setups.
:agree:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Not sure, think it was the type that uses the receiver. :huh:

Another place you might try is J C Witney.

·
Registered
216 Posts
For the price of the set-up you could probably get an older (Mid to late '80's) S-10 to haul your bikes around. Get one with a 4.3L V-6 and a short bed and you won't miss the Vette so much when you're hauling the bikes!

S-10's, my second love...

·
Registered
321 Posts
alleydude said:
For the price of the set-up you could probably get an older (Mid to late '80's) S-10 to haul your bikes around. Get one with a 4.3L V-6 and a short bed and you won't miss the Vette so much when you're hauling the bikes!

S-10's, my second love...
I've always gone the Blazer. Currently I have a 01 ZR2 Blazer. I've been looking at a tire mounted rack for it, since all the receiver racks I've seen can't clear the 31x10.5 spare I have.

My original plan was to get a receiver rack and use it on both cars but along with the clearance problem I also found that no one makes a receiver setup big enough for the vette to match what's on the Blazer.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stu said:
:agree:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the two BIG catalog guys, Ecklers and MAD.

As far as going with an S-10, I wouldn't mind it but, I don't want another vehicle, I already have 3. I wish I had my CJ-7 down here with me, I could just throw it in the back with no worries.

Thanks for the help, you guys ROCK!:partyon:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ECKLERS:

There are 2 products that contain "bike" for model year ALL:

Page 1 of 1

Part # Description Price
38584 Bike Rack (Holds Two) Reese Discontinued

I would really like to stay away from the Vette towing package route. I'm gonna hit eBay and see what I can find, maybe I'll luck out there.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The kind I saw in use had a bar of some sort attached in the hatch area then had straps that held the frame off the paint. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS! That would be great!

I've seen 2 different ones that may work, with mods. I want to protect the the paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts