Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm glad to know that being a billionaire supporter of something makes you a puppetmaster. I'm sure the Dem/Lib wing will be happy to call George Soros and his billionaire lib friends "puppetmasters" of their party. :cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I'm glad to know that being a billionaire supporter of something makes you a puppetmaster. I'm sure the Dem/Lib wing will be happy to call George Soros and his billionaire lib friends "puppetmasters" of their party. :cheers:
Hmm, I am guilty, as alot of the time I do refer to this mess as the Soros administration.. :laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I was thinking the same. :thumbsup:
:agree:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
I agree with you to a point, but George Soros isn't looking to get richer off of the policies that he espouses. The Koch brothers are out to get the voters to vote against thier own interests in favor of the Koch's interests. While the Kochs rail against big governement they make hundreds of millions from government contracts. Furthermore the tax breaks that they push for would mean many hundreds of millions more in their pockets every year as our country goes further in debt. George Soros says "tax me more for the good of the country, I won't miss the extra money".

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I agree with you to a point, but George Soros isn't looking to get richer off of the policies that he espouses. The Koch brothers are out to get the voters to vote against thier own interests in favor of the Koch's interests. While the Kochs rail against big governement they make hundreds of millions from government contracts. Furthermore the tax breaks that they push for would mean many hundreds of millions more in their pockets every year as our country goes further in debt. George Soros says "tax me more for the good of the country, I won't miss the extra money".
If excess taxation is good, and you are George are good with it, along with all the other rich liberals.. why not make income tax voluntary? I am sure you, being the good upstanding citizen that you are, would be more than willing to stuff $20-40k in an envelope once a year and happily send it off to your government for redistribution.

I say, hey, let's keep all the popular social programs, but cut the funding to $1 per year. Everyone who likes them and wants to participate can send money each month, voluntarily, to keep the programs running. The dems say they are popular programs, and by that logic they shouldn't have a problem keeping you and all their other supporters in line to fund them.

Worst that could happen is, those of us who don't want them, don't have to get involved with them, while those who want and use the programs, can.

What do you think? :cheers:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If excess taxation is good, and you are George are good with it, along with all the other rich liberals.. why not make income tax voluntary? I am sure you, being the good upstanding citizen that you are, would be more than willing to stuff $20-40k in an envelope once a year and happily send it off to your government for redistribution.

I say, hey, let's keep all the popular social programs, but cut the funding to $1 per year. Everyone who likes them and wants to participate can send money each month, voluntarily, to keep the programs running. The dems say they are popular programs, and by that logic they shouldn't have a problem keeping you and all their other supporters in line to fund them.

Worst that could happen is, those of us who don't want them, don't have to get involved with them, while those who want and use the programs, can.

:rolling:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

Brilliant!

·
Registered
197 Posts

Classic!! I love it!!:D:D

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's not the point.

The point is, one stand to benefit from tax cuts and deregulation while collecting massive subsidies.

The other does not.

Soros makes his money off growing economies. Ours is shrinking.

No dog in the hunt.

Ergo....

Apples, oranges....

Your post sidesteps and adds nothing to the thread.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You guys must be mentalists to be so sure of the corruptness of the Pubs motivations and the purity of Soros'. I wonder if it's a coincidence that Soros happens to coincide with your opinion and Buffet and Kochs don't. Soros didn't get to be a multiple billionaire by giving away money. His richescome off the backs of the common man as much as the others. When he announces that he is donating 98% of his fortune to the poor On his death as Buffet has, get back to me with your comparos.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Soros makes his money off growing economies. Ours is shrinking.
:laughing: You need to talk to your researcher.. because they let you down on this one, bad. :thumbsup:

He became known as "the Man Who Broke the Bank of England" after he made a reported $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crises.[5][6]

Nothing but a dirtbag inside trader... and speculator, that you proclaim (falsely) to abhor.

George Soros has made his mark as an enormously successful speculator, wise enough to largely withdraw when still way ahead of the game.

Insider trading conviction

In 1988, he was asked to join a takeover attempt of the French bank Société Générale. He declined to participate in the bid but later bought a number of shares in the company. French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million, which was the amount that he made using the insider information.

Punitive damages were not sought because of the delay in bringing the case to trial. Soros denied any wrongdoing and said news of the takeover was public knowledge.[28]

His insider trading conviction was upheld by the highest court in France on June 14, 2006.[29] In December, 2006 he appealed to the European Court of Human Rights, claiming that the 14-year delay in bringing the case to trial precluded a fair hearing.[30]

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys must be mentalists to be so sure of the corruptness of the Pubs motivations and the purity of Soros'. I wonder if it's a coincidence that Soros happens to coincide with your opinion and Buffet and Kochs don't. Soros didn't get to be a multiple billionaire by giving away money. His richescome off the backs of the common man as much as the others. When he announces that he is donating 98% of his fortune to the poor On his death as Buffet has, get back to me with your comparos.
Other than African Oil and economic expansion there, what does Soros have to gain with our contracting economy here, by manipulating local dem objectives?

I could sign on with this if you were talking Buffet....

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Other than African Oil and economic expansion there, what does Soros have to gain with our contracting economy here, by manipulating local dem objectives?

I could sign on with this if you were talking Buffet....
:laughing: I think it is far above your comprehension level, and I don't mean that as an insult. Do a little research, then come back and tell us if your opinion changes..

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:laughing: You need to talk to your researcher.. because they let you down on this one, bad. :thumbsup:

He became known as "the Man Who Broke the Bank of England" after he made a reported $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crises.[5][6]

Nothing but a dirtbag inside trader... and speculator, that you proclaim (falsely) to abhor.

George Soros has made his mark as an enormously successful speculator, wise enough to largely withdraw when still way ahead of the game.

Insider trading conviction

In 1988, he was asked to join a takeover attempt of the French bank Société Générale. He declined to participate in the bid but later bought a number of shares in the company. French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million, which was the amount that he made using the insider information.

Punitive damages were not sought because of the delay in bringing the case to trial. Soros denied any wrongdoing and said news of the takeover was public knowledge.[28]

His insider trading conviction was upheld by the highest court in France on June 14, 2006.[29] In December, 2006 he appealed to the European Court of Human Rights, claiming that the 14-year delay in bringing the case to trial precluded a fair hearing.[30]
Wrong.

Fully aware of those past tense events.
I do not vindicate them, but they are a sidestep and not on track with the present tense anology which we are discussing.

"I'm glad to know that being a billionaire supporter of something makes you a puppetmaster. I'm sure the Dem/Lib wing will be happy to call George Soros and his billionaire lib friends "puppetmasters" of their party" per TexD.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Wrong.

Fully aware of those past tense events.
I do not vindicate them, but they are a sidestep and not on track with the present tense anology which we are discussing.
So, because of your warped ideology, you can accept this speculating inside trader.. :laughing: POSER.

:cheers:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:laughing: I think it is far above your comprehension level, and I don't mean that as an insult. Do a little research, then come back and tell us if your opinion changes..

Scarcasm and contributes nothing to the thread.

(Ponch and Arkay taught me this evasion tactic comment)

Madd props.....:thumbsup:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Scarcasm and contributes nothing to the thread.

(Ponch and Arkay taught me this evasion tactic comment)

Madd props.....:thumbsup:
No, it's not scarcasm.. whatever that is.. :laughing:

I was really being serious, you would have to understand what it is exactly that makes him money. Once you understand that, let us know if your cool with it. And why your not cool with Buffet.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts