Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My birthday was in February but I haven't been able to post this in a corvette-friendly atmosphere so here goes:

Last night I went out on the town to celebrate my birthday. I drove around town for about an hour and it was pretty uneventful. Then I guess the flood gates opened.

She was beautiful, she looked like she was painted in red chrome. The guy who was driving her knew she was bad, he knew that everyone was looking at her. She was quite possibly the most beautiful 2001 SS Camaro that I've seen in this part of the country. She had custom dual exhaust, a six-speed, a black Berger panel, and from the sound of it, one nasty little rumpitty rump cam. He wanted to go, but I ain't stupid, I told him I ain't got nuthin' that could touch him. He wasn't a prick about it, when the light turned green he simply idled away, but he was on the prowl. Soon enough, he had his prey, some unfortunate GT pulled up beside him, I got behind the SS. The GT mustang started easing forward, so the SS spun up to about 5,000 RPM, accepting the challenge. All of us were watching the lights for intersecting traffic. They went yellow, the SS revved to about 2,500-ish, the mustang torqued-up, he was still on his brakes, ain't no way an auto mustang GT gonna stand up to this. I engaged the line-loc and brought my revs up to about 1500. The light went red, 3, 2, 1, we got green! The SS didn't spin a tire, he just disappeared, the mustang was still giving it all he got, you gotta love a kid that's got heart. As I pulled up along side him, he looked over in disbelief, I waved and banged her up into third, bye-bye mustang. I said to myself, "This one's for you Corey." and I did the wawa with the gas pedal.

At the next light mustang boy pulled up alongside me, I rolled down my window

"That thing is QUICK!" he said.

"Thanks." I retorted.

Then I heard it. The sound that strikes fear in the hearts of men, buuuuuuuurdnnnnnn. I checked my rearview, OH NO! A chrome circle with a V in the top half and a W in the bottom half. I'm in trouble now! After we turned around at the carwash the beastly Jetta pulled up beside me at a light, I glanced over to him and nodded, he made some really cool gesture that only meant one thing, it's go time. I laughed uncontrollably. The light turned green, he nailed it, I let off the brake, he looked over at me and flashed "deuces". I pushed my gas pedal a little, he looked over with only the intense concentration a formula 1 driver would have, then he shoved the shifter into third and leaned forward. I pushed the throttle to the floor and walked away from him. He turned left. A few blocks later I saw him again, we ended up side-by-side at a light behind a couple of cars. He rolled down his window, "That things pretty fast for a V-8." Just when I thought I had heard the dumbest thing a ricer could ever say by accident he went and repeated himself word for word. I was speechless. I was sitting there, dumfounded, wondering if I had missed something, and then he said, "But there ain't no way you can beat HIM." as he pointed to a 1991 5.0 Mustang. I said, "I dunno, maybe." he chuckled.

Naturally I was challenged, no, I was double-dared. So I hunted this guy down.

As I pulled up alongside that 5.0 I felt the adrenaline hit, I glanced over, he nodded and grabbed his shifter. I ratcheted her into first gear, this has to be flawless. His revs came up, she sounded pretty smooth so must not be a very lopey cam. I brought my revs to 1500. The light went green, he spun, I chirped. All I can say is that white 5.0 looked great in my rear-view.

I don't know if I'm getting older or what but I seem to remember the cars being a lot faster back in the day (High School). Maybe I've stepped up into a completely different level. In my failed quest to build a car that could whoop my friend Jimmy's Z28 I've succeeded in building a car that could beat just about any other car in town. Maybe it's because I'm getting wiser, and picking my battles carefully. Anyway, I had a fun birthday and never ran into one cop the whole night.

:partyon:

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
sounds like one hell of a night

1 - 5 of 5 Posts