Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kendall Chevrolet in Eugene OR. is our club (Cascade Corvette Club) sponsor. My wife, Becky, is club president this year, and thought it would be nice to to take a cake over to the dealership for the folks to enjoy. Typically she would ask if I wanted to go along, which I normally wouldn't do. We delivered the cake, then on the way out she said "hey let's take a look at that "Vette."" I hadn't seen it but there was the most gorgeous "11 Torch Red Grand Sport convertible! (We've had an '05 VR convertible for about 4 1/2 years and have been very happy with it). We walked over to it (I really wanted to get the hell out of there because I knew we weren't looking to buy anything). She got in it, looked up at me and said, "Honey, let's get it!"

Now, put yourself in my place. Perfectly happy with a gorgeous '05 convertible, wife says let's get it! What the hell do you do??????

So, I did what any true Corvette loving man would. I said OK!!

Went home, cleaned up the '05, then went to the dealership in the morning. 4 hours later this unbelievable car is sitting in my garage! Absolutely loaded, I have exactly 207 miles on it, and every one (except the 4 miles that some SOB at the dealership put on it) has been amazing.

My '05 was a fabulous car, and I loved the hell out of it, but this GS is head and shoulders above it in nearly every sense.

By the way, the day I went back to the dealer to make the deal.............................my birthday. Happy 64th to me!:partyon::partyon::partyon::thumbsup::thumbsup:;);):cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
I've been hit with the $0.50 Snickers bar at the checkout counter as an impulse buy, but never a new 'vette! :laughing:

Sounds like a great birthday to me :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,824 Posts
Congrats. Can I get your wife to talk to my wife:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
I've been hit with the $0.50 Snickers bar at the checkout counter as an impulse buy, but never a new 'vette! :laughing:

Sounds like a great birthday to me :thumbsup:
Where the hell can you find $0.50 Snickers?:laughing:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Where the hell can you find $0.50 Snickers?:laughing:
who cares about the snickers! where the hell can I find a woman like his wife???

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Kendall Chevrolet in Eugene OR. is our club (Cascade Corvette Club) sponsor. My wife, Becky, is club president this year, and thought it would be nice to to take a cake over to the dealership for the folks to enjoy. Typically she would ask if I wanted to go along, which I normally wouldn't do. We delivered the cake, then on the way out she said "hey let's take a look at that "Vette."" I hadn't seen it but there was the most gorgeous "11 Torch Red Grand Sport convertible! (We've had an '05 VR convertible for about 4 1/2 years and have been very happy with it). We walked over to it (I really wanted to get the hell out of there because I knew we weren't looking to buy anything). She got in it, looked up at me and said, "Honey, let's get it!"

Now, put yourself in my place. Perfectly happy with a gorgeous '05 convertible, wife says let's get it! What the hell do you do??????

Went home, cleaned up the '05, then went to the dealership in the morning. 4 hours later this unbelievable car is sitting in my garage! Absolutely loaded, I have exactly 207 miles on it, and every one (except the 4 miles that some SOB at the dealership put on it) has been amazing.

My '05 was a fabulous car, and I loved the hell out of it, but this GS is head and shoulders above it in nearly every sense.

By the way, the day I went back to the dealer to make the deal.............................my birthday. Happy 64th to me!:partyon::partyon::partyon::thumbsup::thumbsup:;);):cheers::cheers:
LOVE IT! Great story! :partyon:

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Okay. You know we're all thinkin' it. I'll say it…

YOU SUCK! :devil::devil::devil:

Happy B-Day A____ :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts

Congrats & Happy B. day, BTW, did they give you a discount for the 4 miles added on?:rolling:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happy BiRtHdAy and CONGRATULATIONS ...

You have two things going that are of value; the wife and the GS. That is a combination that is hard to beat! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts