Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-
I have a '91 coupe that I just picked up on the cheap so I went today to pull the codes and either I'm an idiot and doing something wrong, or there is something wrong with the car:

I short out pins A&B as described in the sticky, and it's not the SYS light on the dash that blinks, it's the SERVICE LTPWS light on the DIC.

Also, the sticky notes that code 12 should flash 3 times, and then the error codes will each flash 3 times, and then 12 again 3 times.
Unfortunately, reading the LTPWS light, 12 flashes once, two codes flash three times, and then 12 flashes once, rinse repeat...

So what gives? Any ideas?
Should I be concerned that the previous owner switched the LTPWS light and the service engine light, so I've been ignoring a check engine light while thinking it was just a bad sensor?

·
Registered
111 Posts
So... what am I looking for. If I'm reading the LTPWS light, I'm getting a code 44 and a 54. Still not sure what's going on.

Any help in that direction would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Those codes for LTPWS refer to the Lt. front & Rt. front sensors being faulty.

With the interior redesign in 1990, Chevrolet added additional computer capability. The CCM (Central Control Module) was added and a method was provided to display codes on the speedometer of the Corvette.

From 1990 through 1993, you shorted ALDL pin "G" to "A" and turned the ignition to "On" without starting the engine.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, good to know. I'm assuming the H in front of the codes I get (both in module 1) is for history? I'll try clearing the codes and see if H13 and H72 come back.

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts