Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's pretty obvious that I do not have black wheels however, with the road conditions around my area I believe some black paint would do some good. I can already tell places in the chrome and I haven't had them but 6 months.:thud:

So anybody with photoshop skills, please do some magic :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
no photoshop skills, but the car looks great, also is that a custom exhaust or is that from a company? The rims look great too.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,728 Posts
Black wheels change the look of that 180*

·
Registered
237 Posts
Since your window trim is black, the black wheels are logical. Looks great. I would black the exhaust tips for the full factory look (everything matching). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Here's a couple pics of mine, except I have the red banding. I like chrome alot, but I had problems keeping them nice here in New Jersey.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like the "racey" look of black wheels to start with....but I have to agree with the black trim and overall lack of chrome on your car they do look "right". :thumbsup:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no photoshop skills, but the car looks great, also is that a custom exhaust or is that from a company? The rims look great too.
That is a custom exhaust we rigged up. Its just piping straight from the headers to the mufflers, which are under the seats then into a 90 out the side. After the 90 the pipe had to bend down a little bit.

Thanks T Rush, the black wheels will look pretty sick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sure thing

I like the black trim look with that year's style

here is with black ground effects kit and spoiler

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow :surprised

I really like that, hmm maybe a future project. What does every body else think?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
That is a custom exhaust we rigged up. Its just piping straight from the headers to the mufflers, which are under the seats then into a 90 out the side. After the 90 the pipe had to bend down a little bit.

Thanks T Rush, the black wheels will look pretty sick.
Cody, why don't you plasti-dip 'em first? Satin black, and if you don't like it you can peel it back off, no harm to the chrome.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wow :surprised

I really like that, hmm maybe a future project. What does every body else think?
:agree:

In fact my plans are very similar to this but on my 78 SA, I plan on running these 2012 Black Grand Sport Wheels::partyon:

"what did you have to do to make the z06 wheels fit?"

Do tell! I'm still trying to decide between 18's all around, or a
18x8.5 19x10 stagger....of course 19" rubber is gonna be mo' $...:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts