Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used the new product I have seen advertised and on shelfs of local auto stores called "Black Magic.?" Claims to give a guaranteed best wet look. It comes in a liquid wax, a detailer, and a wheel cleaner.:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
If this is the "black magic" with the dye in it, I'd run like hell!

Not only will your fingers turn black, but your car will turn dark gray. Scary stuff.

If your car is black or dark, the best thing to do is buff it out with 3M 39009 with a low-speed orbital buffer and cotton pad.

Then wipe the car down with Prep-Sol (paint cleaner available at places that sell auto-paint supplies), then wash, and finish with a good wax or polish. (Mothers, Zaino...)

Here is my black car after 3M 39009 and Mothers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This new product is a Quaker State product that appears to be of the same quality and type as McGuires. I am going to give it a try and will let you know what I think. It claims to have better optical reflectiveness than other polishes and waxes.

;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My corvette is a 1996 Collector Edition Sebring Silver. I have tried Zaino and McGuires Gold Class, both which are good products. I like Zaino but it is basically only a polish that does not give the fullest protection. I like McGuire but I am looking for the best shine and reflective qualities I can get out of the silver color. The Black Magic promises better reflective qualities. My first use of it seems to give me something more like Zaino in reflective quality but with a wax base that should give a little better protection than with merely a polish.

Any thoughts, reactions, or advise about how to get the best optical reflective "wet-look" out of silver would be appreciated.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Black Magic really is not a new product line-up, they have just recently changed their packaging to give it a sharper look. I have tried the "new" Black Magic quick detail spray, and while I thought the scent was interesting (cherry) I found it more difficult to work with than others that I have tried. It is a heavy/thicker product and is not very forgiving if you happen to miss an area when buffing. If left to dry on the car, it takes some rubbing to remove. I will not be purchasing it again. Just my experience. :buhbye:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having tried the Black Magic I agree with Kramer. I also liked the 'cherry' scent of the detailer spray, but I have gone back to using Mother's products. While the Black Magic gave a super shine, the detailing spray was difficult to cleanly wipe away. Thanks for the responses to my initial entry on this subject.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been trying the Black Magic Dashboard Protective wipes and am not happy at all. The product steaks like mad. I have tried it several times on different interiors with the same result.

This product has turned me off to the Black Magic line of products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts