Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outstanding ! May these new voices ring loud within their communities. :thumbsup:

HOUSTON - It's a tea party unlike any Houston, and perhaps the entire country, has ever seen. The first Black Tea Party held its inaugural meeting Tuesday night in the Third Ward. Organizers of the Crispus Attucks Tea Party are quick to point out that anyone is welcome and it's not a political party.

Their mission statement reads in part:

"To build a strong base of conservative Black entrepreneurs, elected officials and constituents that provide Black conservatives a viable way to express and implement their conservative values politically."

Co-founder Anita Moncrief says the party is also looking to overcome stereotypes.

"We're trying to break the stereotype that the tea party is racist," said Moncrief.

At least half of the 75 or so people who attended the first meeting are white and have been defending the rights of taxpayers for a while.

Then there's Marie Johnson, a longtime Black Democrat. She's fed up with the direction the country is going and wanted to see what the movement is all about.

"It (race) didn't make any difference to me as long as I had a tea party and we get together," said Johnson.

The meeting was held at "This Is It" Soul Food restaurant in the heart of the Third Ward. It's no secret Black voters overwhelmingly support Democratic candidates.

Customers we spoke with are skeptical the Black Tea Party movement will be successful.

"It's just not in my system to want to identify with any party other than Democrat," said John Hollins".

"It's not really about Republican or Democrat. It's about the black community. The minority vote has been misused and manipulated by people for so long," said Moncrief.

Newly elected Texas State Representative James Early White (R-TX District 12) isn't worried about taking any heat for being a Black Tea Party activist. He won in a predominantly white district.

"I've won a campaign, so I don't know about any backlash," he said.

Johnson doesn't feel she has to defend her views either.

"Frankly I'm the type of person that's not afraid to step out of the box. I think Black people need to be more concerned about what our politicians are doing for our community, where is our money going and what are they doing with it," said Johnson.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/politics/110118-black-tea-in-houston#

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crispus Attucks (c. 1723 – March 5, 1770) was killed in the Boston Massacre in Boston, Massachusetts. He has been named as the first martyr of the American Revolution.

Little is known for certain about Crispus Attucks beyond that he, along with Samuel Gray and James Caldwell, died "on the spot" during the incident.[1] Two major sources of eyewitness testimony about the Boston Massacre, both published in 1770, did not refer to Attucks as a "*****," or "black" man. The first was a report commissioned by the town of Boston, "A Short Narrative of the Horrid Massacre," which contained over one hundred depositions from locals about what they saw on March 5, 1770. The second source, "The Trial of William Wemms," referred to Attucks more than a dozen times as a "mulatto" or "molatto," and once as an "Indian", another as a "tall man," and yet another as a "stout," or muscular man. While 19th-century anti-slavery advocates later focused on Attucks' African heritage, Bostonians in 1770 considered him mixed-race.

Historians disagree on whether Crispus Attucks was a free man or an escaped slave; but it is widely agreed that he was of Native American (Wampanoag) and African descent. It is also unclear if his presence at the scene was intentional or accidental. There are some reports that he was not a participant in the riot but happened upon the scene at a tragic time and that he became collateral damage. Later he became an icon of the anti-slavery movement and held up as an example of the first black hero of the American Revolution. The other victims of the attack being: Samuel Gray and James Caldwell who like, Attucks, were killed during the attack; while Samuel Maverick and Patrick Carr died from their wounds afterward.

In the early nineteenth century, as the Abolitionist movement gained momentum in Boston, Attucks was lauded as an example of a black American who played a heroic role in the history of the United States [2] Because Crispus Attucks had Wampanoag ancestors, his story also holds special significance for many Native Americans.[3]

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
A Black Tea Party would not be needed if the regular Tea Party accepted them as equals, which they clearly do not as a whole. It would also not be needed if they would be more willing to plug into the system instead of having to have everything their way or no way, which they clearly demand as a whole.

Just like the Congressional Black Caucus and all these other 'black orgs.' Once necessary, but I believe they have become an anchor for all of us.

We need to let people be what they want to be and be what they are without trying to force our color or moral code on them!

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Black Tea Party would not be needed if the regular Tea Party accepted them as equals, which they clearly do not as a whole.
Give us instance to this self promoting nonsense. The ideology you follow has failed -and it has purposely created a second class citizenry out of an entire race. I can give you instance after instance of my charge... what can you give us ?

You don't wish to see a Black controlled Tea Party... due to the loss of control and the loss of the ideological enslavement you have become so accustomed to... of an entire race.

Your ideology does the same thing to the gays. It is not good enough to simply be... you must be made to believe and become a victim.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Give us instance to this self promoting nonsense. The ideology you follow has failed -and it has purposely created a second class citizenry out of an entire race. I can give you instance after instance of my charge... what can you give us ?

You don't wish to see a Black controlled Tea Party... due to the loss of control and the loss of the ideological enslavement you have become so accustomed to... of an entire race.
Wha?

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Ya know, if the regular (white) Tea Party was more openly welcoming to the brithers, they would not have felt the need to start their own. Not a whole lot of Black Liberal spin off groups, but there sure are a lot of black conservative spin offs.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't understand that comment. Are there no black birthers ? What do birthers have to do with a black Tea Party ?

Your ideology does the same thing to the gays. It is not good enough to simply be... you must be made to believe and become a victim.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to split for a couple of hours... stick around if you are able, so that I may fix your train of thought. ;)

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I have to split for a couple of hours... stick around if you are able, so that I may fix your train of thought. ;)
Be well, Brother!

I'll be in and out all day running errands in this freezebowl of an ice berg.

:down:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
A Black Tea Party would not be needed if the regular Tea Party accepted them as equals, which they clearly do not as a whole. It would also not be needed if they would be more willing to plug into the system instead of having to have everything their way or no way, which they clearly demand as a whole.

Just like the Congressional Black Caucus and all these other 'black orgs.' Once necessary, but I believe they have become an anchor for all of us.

We need to let people be what they want to be and be what they are without trying to force our color or moral code on them!
Got any supporting documents that the Tea Party doesn't welcome blacks? I think that is not true. What is true is that over 95% of blacks lean Democratic which is not heavy with small government Tea Party types.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Got any supporting documents that the Tea Party doesn't welcome blacks?
Why would he produce those when he can just make the claim and say it's true? After all, this is a man who would be a conservative if conservatives believed like he does.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Why didn't they just join the Tea Party that is already established in Houston?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Why didn't they just join the Tea Party that is already established in Houston?

Their mission statement reads in part:

"To build a strong base of conservative Black entrepreneurs, elected officials and constituents that provide Black conservatives a viable way to express and implement their conservative values politically."

Co-founder Anita Moncrief says the party is also looking to overcome stereotypes.
They want a black focused group. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
They want a black focused group. :thumbsup:
I feel like they could have just as well expressed themselves politically in the Tea Party (because as many have you stated, the Tea Party is not racist, right?) that is already established in their area. It's like the conservative equivalent of the NAACP. These people want to be treated as equals--yet they feel the need to separate themselves from their community because they're black. Hypocrisy at it's finest. First, they wanted to be in the same schools as whites and use the same water fountains, and now they need to have their own little political club.

MLK would be disappointed...he fought his whole life for desegregation and these clowns are doing the complete opposite.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Not a whole lot of Black Liberal spin off groups, but there sure are a lot of black conservative spin offs.
Can you name any? :huh:

Peer pressure is the simple answer. Being black, and not voting for the masters (DNC) is heavily frowned on.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't think the Houston folks getting together as a black tea party is a statement regarding the tea party as a whole. Cultural groups, of which the black community is one, band together all the time.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think the Houston folks getting together as a black tea party is a statement regarding the tea party as a whole. Cultural groups, of which the black community is one, band together all the time.
This is as close to the reality, as it comes. For you guys on the left... you see this as an affront to liberalism. You assume this view due to the constant reaffirmation of lies. As though there could not possibly be blacks within the Tea party's (there are 4 discernible Tea party's all with differing political agendas... now 5) -as the Tea party (singular) in your understanding, is racist. Your view is of one party... not many with differing views. THAT! -is the power of the party... and not what you have been made to believe and then regurgitate.

Until you understand what you do not... you will reaffirm the same lie. You have no understanding of your ideological opponent... other then nonfactual reaffirmations.

The reason I am so very excited to see a Black Tea Party, with it's own agenda, has nothing -nothing to due with perceived racism. It is another layer added to the collective. We are undoing wrongs... from multiple directions. This is not a singular front with a single message and agenda.

This! is what taking back the country looks like. It has very little to do with liberalism... and everything to do with the power within the people.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts