Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks this is a multi-part question, so answer what you can if possible.

1st question) What are some nice black or dark gunmetal wheels that can be had in stock z06 size and width? I like a 17/18 combo alot and would kinda like to stick with that, though get the wider width of a z06 wheel; though I am not opposed to 18/19 if a quality set can be had for a good price. Please list brands/pictures.
2nd question) What are some reasonable tires (price wise)? The best price I could find for tires to fit the z06 wheels (can't remember the exact specs) were 850 for a set... that price blows my mind and makes me want to cry to be honest.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump a bump bump.

hopefully someone can help me with these questions.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,830 Posts
ANy wheel can be painted black or dark gunmetal. It kind of depends on what you are looking for. These are mine. Painted black with a machined lip

The price of tires. You will find them for $200-$400 each depending on size. These are not small tires. If that price blows your mind, you better really be sitting down when you start looking at wheels

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not so much the price, but it's the price compared to tires I used to buy. When I had my last car with 17's, I could easily get 245/40/r17 in sumitumo's for 110 a piece... granted they use a lot less rubber. I guess my corvette ownership just hasn't sunk in yet.

Is there any company making c6 or c6 z06 replicas in hyper black in a c5 z06 offset and size?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and also, i'm trying to find a wheel that's already in a similar finish to what i'm looking for, because in my past experience with painted wheels, mounting tires proves to be bad on the finish and they just don't look as nice as long.

·
Registered
297 Posts
18/19s Cray Scorpions $2080 fitted, balanced +tax out the door.

That's with brand new tires, Nankang NS2s, sticky as hell.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It was when I bought them. You can probably get them cheaper on the internet. I bought mine local as a package. Actually, they were matching a internet package price from Discount tire I believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts