Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used GS creation blackouts? any good and easy install? I saw they were almost 90 bucks but then I saw another site RPI designs that were advertising similar product but at 22.95. Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
759 Posts
i didnt have any luck with the RPI :down:

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked out the website but I only found them for a c5. are those the ones you used? How were yours applied?

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
i like the ones from GS creations, easy to install and they havent moved at all. I imagine a film would be difficult to be made smooth.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I have spent alot of time around Sinister's car, and I would say, without a doubt, that if you followed his how to thread on blacking out the lights, you will be extremely happy. His blackouts are very well done and have a very classy look......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Can I get a link For GS creations please :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
I purchased mine thru: www.stickercity.com

Looking good bro! I think I may have to copy U again lol.. but you need my Carbon Fiber lic plate, I removed the red Vette lettering, looks awesome!! also are you still going to get rid of the diffuser? If yes you know I'd love to have 1st dibbs:thumbsup: ps...LUV the the custom plate!!!! any kills??:smack :whip: :nuts: :huh: :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Checked out the website but I only found them for a c5. are those the ones you used? How were yours applied?

Their website needs updating! They have the C6 kits available; I decided on the film becuz I wasn't sure I wanted it on a permanent basis. I did the front & rear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looking good bro! I think I may have to copy U again lol.. but you need my Carbon Fiber lic plate, I removed the red Vette lettering, looks awesome!! also are you still going to get rid of the diffuser? If yes you know I'd love to have 1st dibbs:thumbsup: ps...LUV the the custom plate!!!! any kills??:smack :whip: :nuts: :huh: :D :thumbsup:
Thanks Broham!

I did the the rears first and just recently the headlights and fogs; that shot was taken during the MBW Rose Bowl GTG. Plenty of kills...just not on video! Luv to run a fully modded E55 AMG and post the video on MBW, but I"m sure they'll find something to cry about...TTs, big motor, less weight...yada yada yada!

Oh...buddy of mine who owns a detailing shop were I get my shine has a Renntech SL65, he won't run me tho. He says the Renntech program screwed up his ECU, the car is in and out of the dealer service.

I gave the carbon diffuser to the guy who cracked it, he got me a new piece...he's no longer working at the shop.

The license frame did save my a$$, got pulled over for illegal right turn on a red light, LEO saw the LAPD script and we talked for a bit and gave me a free pass.

·
Banned
109 Posts
I have the ones from GS Creations (rear only). I love them ! Very easy to install and no problems yet (3 months) through rain,washing, or anything else. They look AWESOME by the way. I get compliments all the time on them. One word of advice though, before putting them on DO NOT clean the lenses or tail lights with alcohol unless they are totally cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight. Learn from my mistake. My first rear tail light hazed right over when I wiped it with alcohol. I cleaned the rest with Windex and they stuck just fine. Well worth the investment IMO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks Broham!

I did the the rears first and just recently the headlights and fogs; that shot was taken during the MBW Rose Bowl GTG. Plenty of kills...just not on video! Luv to run a fully modded E55 AMG and post the video on MBW, but I"m sure they'll find something to cry about...TTs, big motor, less weight...yada yada yada!

Oh...buddy of mine who owns a detailing shop were I get my shine has a Renntech SL65, he won't run me tho. He says the Renntech program screwed up his ECU, the car is in and out of the dealer service.

I gave the carbon diffuser to the guy who cracked it, he got me a new piece...he's no longer working at the shop.

The license frame did save my a$$, got pulled over for illegal right turn on a red light, LEO saw the LAPD script and we talked for a bit and gave me a free pass.
bro! send me shotzz of the front! I've been on the fense on this for far too long thank you! Thank you for the info! yes leo's have been pretty cool concerning my driving style lol.!! I mean that seriously they are really EZ on us Vete guys! thank you officers!!!! I know a few of you reside on this board:thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
if its $100 its a film, you will beable to see the outlines of the lights after you put the film on, check out my sig for some easy how-tos. pm me if you have any questions

·
Registered
321 Posts
I found a kit that contains 9 pieces but it does specifically say if they
are film or not.
Trying to call them now.

www.exoticvette.com for $100.00.

I think this is what I will get.

i only find them on the site for the C5.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I used the film kit from RPI. You have to know what you are doing for it to come out right though. soapy water, take the lenses off the car, heat gun, the whole thing like tinting a car. I ended up with 2 microdot bubbles. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the ones from GS Creations (rear only). I love them ! Very easy to install and no problems yet (3 months) through rain,washing, or anything else. They look AWESOME by the way. I get compliments all the time on them. One word of advice though, before putting them on DO NOT clean the lenses or tail lights with alcohol unless they are totally cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight. Learn from my mistake. My first rear tail light hazed right over when I wiped it with alcohol. I cleaned the rest with Windex and they stuck just fine. Well worth the investment IMO. :thumbsup:
i have the same ones.. put mine on while the papers were being done and they look great.. very solid look :cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts