Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just powdered coated the calipers on the c6 and got everthing buttoned back up. I'm having trouble bleeding the brakes. The brake pedal won't stay hard. This morning I checked and the ground was still dry so I'm assuming no leaks. I know to start at the RR/LR/RF/LF. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
a scan tool like snapon would help but here are some do,s and dont,s .dont let master cyl empty,dont shake brake fluid [air bubbles],dont push brake pedal to floor. some do,s have some one in car ,you loosen rr bleeder ,put your finger over bleeder hole have aide slowly pump pedal ,psi will make fluid go past your finger but seal it on up stroke [watch out for spray] do this until cyl is almost empty ,refill,do other 3 wheels. let the car sit for 15 mins. if ya have a safe pedal slowly road test. all of this assumes that cali. slides are free and rotor is secured. still no good pedal ya may need that scan tool and or power bleeder. no hard pumping on pedal it induces air

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I just figured out is that I put the Front calipers on the wrong side. Bleeder facing down instead of up and now they are tight. I left work early to go back and fool with it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey we all make mistakes but I can laugh about it now. I'm ready for the weekend. Will post pics a little later. Extanker, you said I scare you but you have a machine gun in your trunk.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
plus an AT4 on the roof. tried sellin them to the army but keep passin the rocket after it fires .LAPD will buy them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts