Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to properly bleed my master cylinder?.I have bled many with 2 lines on them but this unit has 3. 2 on the side as usual and 1 on the bottom. What is the bottom line for?. Is it just, use 3 hoses instead of 2 and bleed as usual?? in a vice on the bench. Thanks JS Boston Ma..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Does anyone know how to properly bleed my master cylinder?.I have bled many with 2 lines on them but this unit has 3. 2 on the side as usual and 1 on the bottom. What is the bottom line for?. Is it just, use 3 hoses instead of 2 and bleed as usual?? in a vice on the bench. Thanks JS Boston Ma..
So you are going to bench bleed the MC.

I normaly just put on the car and use the 2 litter coke bottle trick with a rubber hose.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
understood , but do i bleed all three lines the same way you normally bleed a 2 line master. And why 3 lines?? . I always thought 1 for the front and 1 for the rear.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I normaly just put on the car and use the 2 litter coke bottle trick with a rubber hose.
could yu please give a lil more detail on the 2 liter trick?

·
Registered
543 Posts
could yu please give a lil more detail on the 2 liter trick?
Get your self a rubber hose about 1.5 foot long that fits tight over the Brake beeders on the wheel caliper put the other end into the 2 litter dont forget to put some brake fuild into the botttle also crack open the bleeders open not full open but enuoght so the fuild will flow out when pushing down on the brake pedal.

Do one brake at a time.

The reason you are puttting some Brake fuild into the 2 liter and sumerge the rubber hose into it so when you cycle the brake pedal you will not suck air back into the brake system when you release the pedal.

Keep on cycling the brake pedal untill the air is gone start from the farthet to the closes brake as in rear right then rear left then front right then front left.

Make sure you shut the bleeder off when you done with each brake at a time.

Also you need to keep a eye on the MC to make sure you dont run it dry bleeding the brakes this way.

I normaly go though at least almost a full bottle + on the first wheel it has a long way to go to get rid of the air the next rear wheel 1/4 bottle or so the first front 1/2 a bottle next front 1/4 bottle.

Brake fluid is cheep.

You might not need so much fuild but I like to make sure I get all the air out.

This also works for replacing old nasty Brake fluid for freash Brake fuild.

This way beats yelling at someone else open close open close or pedal up pedal down.:smack

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pay attention when you push down your brake pedal,don't go to the floor becouse, if piston, inside master cylinder, goes too deep in the bad unused area you may destroy pistons o-ring and your master cylinder is done!

for caliper bleeding order Chilton manual says:

- 84-86 left rear,right rear-left front ,right front
- 87 right front ,right rear-left rear left front
- 88-91 right front,right rear-left rear,left front
- 92-96 right rear,left rear-right front,left front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts