Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my PS2's a few months back. Not even 2k miles on them. I go over the Verrazano and I am on the Gowanus - I hear....pfft. BANG. DAMN IT. Rear drivers side tire. I slowly got off the highway = super flat. There was a 24 hour tire shop 4 blocks away. I had a 5 inch sheet rock screw on the inside tire that as it went flat those few second the nail went right into the inside sidewall and blew out a golf size hole LOL

I looked at my Tire rack warranty = no nails or screws! grrrrr I am out $390. New tire this weekend lol Why couldn't this happen RIGHT before I bought new rubbers :smack Thank god the rim is fine. The rubber was so think when flat the rim drove on it for about 3 miles and it didn't ruin it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just picked up my PS2's a few months back. Not even 2k miles on them. I go over the Verrazano and I am on the Gowanus - I hear....pfft. BANG. DAMN IT. Rear drivers side tire. I slowly got off the highway = super flat. There was a 24 hour tire shop 4 blocks away. I had a 5 inch sheet rock screw on the inside tire that as it went flat those few second the nail went right into the inside sidewall and blew out a golf size hole LOL

I looked at my Tire rack warranty = no nails or screws! grrrrr I am out $390. New tire this weekend lol Why couldn't this happen RIGHT before I bought new rubbers :smack Thank god the rim is fine. The rubber was so think when flat the rim drove on it for about 3 miles and it didn't ruin it.
Damn,that sucks man!!! I'll be sure to stay away from Verrazano from now on :nuts:, damn construction trucks dropping **** all over the place, the best is a dump truck with rocks flying out of the bed at 65 mph!!!!!!!

I have to go for new tires also, i have the stock F1's with 18,000 miles and i have 2 nails in my front tires (one in each), no leaks but they are almost worn to the indicators. I'm getting the Wide Ovals for my next set.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Man

Do you have a discount tires located in NY? There warranty covers road hazzards like nails. They will replace your tire, but you only have to pay for the warranty on the new tire which is between 40-75 depending on the cost of the original tire.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the same tires....I hope thats all we have in common. Dont need any drywall screws:down: :down: :down: :down:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my PS2's at Costco a few months ago. Total cost with road hazard warranty was less than $1400. Ordered them online with Amex to get the Miles, and got a $60 Costco discount card, to boot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts

Here's something I just found out. I had a rock go through the a/c condenser on my wifes van. I took it to my budies shop, and he says, "call your insurance agent, and see if they cover it under comprehensive."

Its the same as a rock going through your windshield. The total cost of the repair was 680. I had a 200 dollar deductable. So I called my agent, wouldn't ya know I got a check in the mail for 480. I couldn't believe it.

I don't see why a fairly new tire would be no differant, especially if you have the receipt to show how new the tire is. It wasn't a rock, but it was still a road hazard, or flying debris as they called.

So call your agent, and check out your comprehensive coverage. It never hurts to ask. As he put it when he heard my amazment, "look at this way, this is what we pay em all the money for, it's time they do their job."

So call him, maybe you'll get lucky.

Oh, and comprehensive claims aren't held against you at time of renewal. They can't raise your rate because they're considered acts of god.

Rick

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
A 5 inch drywall screw. Holy smokes.You guys must have some very thick walls in New York:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts