Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blind man wants concealed-carry permit

Carey McWilliams, who is blind, already has concealed-carry permits in North Dakota and Utah. He wants one in Minnesota, but the state has turned him down. He argues that he'd be safer than other gun users because he'd only shoot at point-blank range.
McWilliams has a Web site, which includes audio interviews and clips of him shooting his guns. (The AK-47 is his favorite, he says.)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Wow I hope he doesn't come to Florida. Send him to Iowa I'm never going there again.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I hope he doesn't come to Florida. Send him to Iowa I'm never going there again.:laughing:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
and why shouldn't a blind man be able to defend himself?

So long as he's an American citizen and doesn't have a criminal record that would dictate otherwise, our Constitution supports his right completely.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Has anyone read his website? He's got a few screws loose. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
and why shouldn't a blind man be able to defend himself?

So long as he's an American citizen and doesn't have a criminal record that would dictate otherwise, our Constitution supports his right completely.
I agree, he should be able to defend himself, but a blind man with a gun.:lookinup: I hope I'm not in the area when he's defending himself.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I hope I'm not in the area when he's defending himself.
He's not going to try and make a shot in public from 200 yards to impress his buddies.

:laughing:

Personal protection would be a close quarters situation anyways. While skill level has no bearing on who can and can't exercise a Constitutional right, I'd wager to say that Carey McWilliams' skill level and other keen senses are well beyond the average citizen's. Just reading his page gives me the security of knowing where this guy stands on using weapons (when, where and how) properly. That's what its about.

Interesting website too, impressive to follow along and see what he's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts