Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Blinder M20 radar jammer? I just purchased one and was curious if anyone has one installed on their vette and can testify to its effectivness. A brief net search pulls up some compelling video of actual laser jamming with this product- one on youtube using a vette C5 no less. Looks pretty effective. The best price I found for it from a reputable seller was on amazon for $310 before shipping. Of course, this product will be used by me not as a license to speed, but a reminder not to....YEA RIGHT!!

http://www.blinderm20.com/

·
Registered
477 Posts
Has anyone installed the Blinder M20 radar jammer? I just purchased one and was curious if anyone has one installed on their vette and can testify to its effectivness. A brief net search pulls up some compelling video of actual laser jamming with this product- one on youtube using a vette C5 no less. Looks pretty effective. The best price I found for it from a reputable seller was on amazon for $310 before shipping. Of course, this product will be used by me not as a license to speed, but a reminder not to....YEA RIGHT!!

http://www.blinderm20.com/
Very interested in buying one, please show us install pic's and report on how well it does? or doesn't work? thank you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blinder M20 laser jammer

I just received the blinder m20 laser jammer in the mail saturday. My nephew is installing it this week for me, he also got one for his WRX STI. There is also another product called Veil that is applied to headlights and all other reflective surfaces on front and back of the car that significantly forestalls a reading from a laser gun. The combination of the two, with a Valentine One radar and you're pretty well protected.

http://www.laserveil.com/ (Go to the link on Veil performance videos on the right. Its very interesting and demonstrates this product as well as the blinder m20)

Example of use of Blinder M20 on a C5
http://youtube.com/watch?v=--fQ1JcrsF8

I'll try to get my nephew to take pics of the install.

Tim

·
Banned
359 Posts
I know they are illegal in some states. California for one, though I am seriously looking into getting one myself. I will also be interested in your review.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The Blinder M40 is 83% effective against lidar
Actually, the Blinder is 100% effective against 83% of the laser guns out there. In Maryland, where I live, my Blinder works (for now) all the time and has saved my ass several times. If you go to RadarBuster.com, you can get the number of the owner of the company and he will tell you what works where and who the best installers are. They have great customer service. The only caveat is that while the jammer itself is cheap, it is expensive to install if you are not going to do it yourself.

·
Banned
359 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought mine from a vendor on amazon called www.abetterwaytobuy.com for 310 plus shipping, but he's not advertising there anymore. I think anywhere from 310-350 is going to be average in price. I'm sure you're aware that laser jammers are illegal in california.

·
Registered
911 Posts
There is also another product called Veil that is applied to headlights and all other reflective surfaces on front and back of the car that significantly forestalls a reading from a laser gun. The combination of the two, with a Valentine One radar and you're pretty well protected.
No product like this "veil" stuff works. Period. It's a sham. This stuff has been tested over and over and over, by about every independent research group around (including the Mythbusters :laughing: )I would have serious problems buying anything from a company that was dishonest enough to say that their radar shield material works.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daksin,
I would be interested in reading at least one of the said many independent research group reviews you claim have debunked the laser veil product. Being a social scientist and conscientious consumer, I would be remiss in not informing myself of all perspectives on the quality of a product, be it laser veil or a Granatelli mass air flow sensor. My cursory review of the internet did not turn up any critical product reviews on veil. Help us all out here with a link or two of those countless reviews, I'd hate to blow a hundred bucks on a sham.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood what you had gotten with your package. I'll be the first to admit that I was a little jumpy, but I thought you had gotten one of those shiny plastic license plate covers with the grooves on it. In any event, Veil is a pretty well established product, and they don't claim to make you invisible to radar, just to reduce the effective range at which radar can pick you up. In any event, I apologize for my hastiness, and am excited to see how this combination performs.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
In any event, Veil is a pretty well established product, and they don't claim to make you invisible to radar, just to reduce the effective range at which radar can pick you up. In any event, I apologize for my hastiness, and am excited to see how this combination performs.:thumbsup:
Veil works fine for laser but no product applied to your car affects radar.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Veil works fine for laser but no product applied to your car affects radar.
RAM does. It will make your car invisible to radar. Price to do a Vette, and it is a sticky, black goo, is roughly what you'd pay for a Z06--oh, and it has to go over the windshield, too. But it will absorb radar, and the cop will see some other return, not that they care where the return comes from now when they have their quota to fill...:spanked:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts