Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing a little direction. I have a 2001 Z06 with a turn signal problem. Seems to be a loose connection it works most of the time. But now and then if you hit a bump it stops working. But if I tap on the hazard switch they work again. I assume they are linked together. I tried removing the console the radio and a/c still could not get to the hazard switch. How the heck do you get to this thing. I think I may just have a loose connection, I hope it's that simple. Anything and everything helps, thanks fellow Vetters:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
D&JsZ06 said:
I'm needing a little direction. I have a 2001 Z06 with a turn signal problem. Seems to be a loose connection it works most of the time. But now and then if you hit a bump it stops working. But if I tap on the hazard switch they work again. I assume they are linked together. I tried removing the console the radio and a/c still could not get to the hazard switch. How the heck do you get to this thing. I think I may just have a loose connection, I hope it's that simple. Anything and everything helps, thanks fellow Vetters:huh:
A service manual would help quite a bit for disassembly.

Have you gotten the switch out yet?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,433 Posts
I think getting to the hazard switch involves removing the dash pad. Not difficult, just time consuming

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I'm trying to locate the Sevice manual for the car now. My local auto parts store i going to see if they can come up with one. They had one for the engine alone. Not what I need though. But I appriciate the input..... Have a good day and drive safe

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts

Remove the I/P upper trim pad.
Remove the air distribution duct and the center air outlet from the I/P upper trim pad.
Remove the hazard warning switch from the center air outlet. CAREFULLY release the switch retaining tabs from the rear of the air outlet, then pull to remove the switch. The hazard warning switch button will release from the switch.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Install the hazard warning switch to the center air outlet. Align the switch to the rear of the air outlet, then push to secure the switch.
Install the center air outlet and the air distribution duct to the I/P upper trim pad.
Install the hazard warning switch button. Align the button to the switch, then push to secure.
Position the switch in the off position.
Install the I/P upper trim pad.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T.M. said:

Remove the I/P upper trim pad.
Remove the air distribution duct and the center air outlet from the I/P upper trim pad.
Remove the hazard warning switch from the center air outlet. CAREFULLY release the switch retaining tabs from the rear of the air outlet, then pull to remove the switch. The hazard warning switch button will release from the switch.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Install the hazard warning switch to the center air outlet. Align the switch to the rear of the air outlet, then push to secure the switch.
Install the center air outlet and the air distribution duct to the I/P upper trim pad.
Install the hazard warning switch button. Align the button to the switch, then push to secure.
Position the switch in the off position.
Install the I/P upper trim pad.

Thanks very much! I will get to work on this. Have a good day, drive safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts