Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick intro: I have a C5 coupe (1998, if that matters) that I've been tweaking for the past five years. I ran a C5R-based 427 NA from 2002 until the LS7 hit the streets, then had to have more. Currently, I have the LS7 heads and intake on the C5R block with the C.R. dropped to a little over 9:1 and a blower-friendly cam. Add an F1C Procharger and upgraded fuel system, and it now makes 773 RWHP at only 8 psi boost on 93 octane gas without meth.

The bottom line: LS7 heads are a very nice match with supercharging on big (400+ CID) engines.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
That's some serious power.:surprised Which cam are you running in this set up?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Just a quick intro: I have a C5 coupe (1998, if that matters) that I've been tweaking for the past five years. I ran a C5R-based 427 NA from 2002 until the LS7 hit the streets, then had to have more. Currently, I have the LS7 heads and intake on the C5R block with the C.R. dropped to a little over 9:1 and a blower-friendly cam. Add an F1C Procharger and upgraded fuel system, and it now makes 773 RWHP at only 8 psi boost on 93 octane gas without meth.

The bottom line: LS7 heads are a very nice match with supercharging on big (400+ CID) engines.
:surprised got any pics?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a C5R block with LS7 heads but high compression set up as I road race the car and am keeping it naturally aspirated. I was making 530RWHP (550+ on an LGM Dyno :) on the DRM Dyno which is fairly conservative. It's a great set-up; your's sounds like a beast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Add an F1C Procharger and upgraded fuel system, and it now makes 773 RWHP at only 8 psi boost on 93 octane gas without meth.
Very nice. More details, and driving impressions, please. I've been considering a similar package. Sure, blown 346 packages are posting similar rwhp - at 14 psi, with meth. I think I'd rather run something bigger, lower stressed, and more compatible with pump gas.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'm back. The cam is 236/242/114 LSA. The engine was built and tuned by Lamar Walden Automotive in Doraville (Atlanta), Georgia, a shop that has been putting together hot Chevy V8s since the days of the 409.

I took a couple of engine bay pics this morning, but haven't been able to attach them since they're in a prohibited format (jpeg). Can anyone guide me on how to post these since I'm somewhat technologically challenged when it comes to this stuff?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts