Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
hmm, interesting, but I'm surprisd to hear 2013 as the model year that the C7 debuts. I've had the feeling that we'd see it sooner than that.

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, interesting, but I'm surprisd to hear 2013 as the model year that the C7 debuts. I've had the feeling that we'd see it sooner than that.
we all did....one of the reasons I posted this right away....with GM, things will change at a moments notice, I'm sure there is some reason for this.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
well that shows that they arent going to just slap it together, they will prolly start R&D in 2010 to make the most badass vette yet

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
WOW, that seems really late, 2012.:lookinup: :surprised

How are they going to keep selling 40 thousand a year for another 4 years!:huh:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
2012 as a 2013 just doesn't make any sense. I sure hope it's coming out a LOT sooner than that. Even with a MAJOR MCE the C6 will be rediculously out of date by then. :lookinup:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2012 as a 2013 just doesn't make any sense. I sure hope it's coming out a LOT sooner than that. Even with a MAJOR MCE the C6 will be rediculously out of date by then. :lookinup:
if this stands to be true from automotive news, then my guess is a facia update or something before this all happens to keep it fresh...

Also I have found out the Blue Devil ( SS Corvette ) will feature an entirely new Corvette logo!!!

something is going on behind them there walls:huh:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
2013 kinda makes sense in a way.

It will be the 60th anniversary for Corvette. As far as the marketing department is concerned it might help really push the new model.

·
Brown Noser
782 Posts
Cool Info ... accurate or not ... at least people have started talking about the C7 ... which means it will happen ...

2010 or 2012 ... well I am leaning towards 2010 because a 2012 launch is bad from a marketing perspective.

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
Explorer seems to hit the nail on the head time and time again, so there's no reason for me to doubt him.

On the other hand, IF the C7's release is in 2012-2013, then I wouldn't be suprised that the C6 would run 7-8 years. Hell the C5 ran that long, and C4 even longer. :huh:

No matter what the date is, one thing's for sure, it will give everyone alot to talk about over the next coming years. :laughing:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Why purple?

Since the anniversary in 2013 was brought up it sparked a question.

Does anyone know why they went with the purple color for the anniversary models that they used in 93 and 03?

Back before the 93 came out I thought for sure they would be white.

I just figured since the first vettes were white that it made sense.:huh:

But hey what do I know?

Rick

1 - 20 of 32 Posts