Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"boat shop pics"...the mysterious fender flares... something more to these pics?

It obviously has rear wheel flares like a 96 GS. Is this our first look at the Z06 (which is rumored to be 4 inches wider???)

Or possibly the SuperVette?

There has to be SOME reason for the fender flares.... this pic was taken in July 2003.

Thoughts? Can anyone see other differences?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I'll guess no..I think the 4" wide rumor would be more like the ZR-1,compaired to the regular c4,were the whole rear clip is wider.
If there going to make it a super-car,i doubt they will use the the same body as the c6 with some flares and extra horsepower,It will probably have a body kit,totally different suspension and drive train to handle the horse-power,a wide body could even be possible.
I also guess we won't see this for at least 3 more years,so hopefully all this rumor b.s.,will end soon.Then when that comes out,they'll be ready to release the C7,remeber at one of the G.M meetings Hill said the C6 will be a short run.But that could be B.S. too.
Seems like the stock C6 is old news already,and it's not even out yet.I actually only read about a few people buying one,and nobody i know in hawaii even wants one.
Most common comment,"ya,it's o.k,but it's to similar to a C5."
Personally,i don't know if i can ever get past the fixed lights,but thats just me.:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: "boat shop pics"...the mysterious fender flares... something more to these pics?

Patrick96LT4 said:
It obviously has rear wheel flares like a 96 GS. Is this our first look at the Z06 (which is rumored to be 4 inches wider???)

Or possibly the SuperVette?

There has to be SOME reason for the fender flares.... this pic was taken in July 2003.

Thoughts? Can anyone see other differences?
Nope. Other than the flares, that appears to be THE C6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts