I haven't posted in a while but I've been chipping away at some things slowly. I have been splitting my time between the Vette and a 67 Ford F250. Not sure if I am going to keep the truck so I am doing some stuff to get it roadworthy either for selling or maybe to drive for a while. Anyways I got the differential back in the car today. I don't have a trans jack and the car is pretty high up on jack stands so I used some ratcheting tie down straps to lift the differential and the differential cross member into place. I used a long threaded rod to lift the front differential mount into place as I ratcheted it up into position. New rubber bushings on the cross member and also the front differential mount. I also used the press to flare the spring cups onto the freshly painted leaf spring. I used a tapered impact socket seen in the picture to start the flare and then switched to a larger socket to flatten it down. The cups were already primed so I just had to mask off the end of the spring and hit it with a little Eastwood Spray Gray.
79.2 KB Views: 132