Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have plans / drawings and a list of materials for a body stand? I would like to fabricate one so I can lift the body on my 63. I plan on doing a frame off sometime in Feburary if all goes right.

Thanks
Damian

·
Registered
525 Posts
Originally posted by Bob W ...<br>
67 Heaven, Great Web Site !!!!!

Bob :excited:<br>

:agree:

Also nice to see that some of my photos still show up from time to time. The first photo on the chapter 13 page was from the Ontario Chapter NCRS meet a few years back.

Cool :thumbsup:

:D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
67 Heaven,
Thanks for the link, thats just what I needed. By the way when you set your body down on the dolly is it secured somehow to the dolly?

Damian

·
Registered
88 Posts
I simply used four 3.5" lag bolts and flat washers (down through the two rad support mount holes and through the two mount holes on the door sill just aft of the door-hinges where "convertibles-only" have body mounts).

:D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Damian, When I did my 65 convert., I built a rolling dolly from 2x6's. It raised the body 3 ft off the floor so I could work on the underside easily. I lifted the body off the frame with an A-Frame that I set up in the shop, took the wheels off the Vette to lower it, set the frame down on 4 Car Dollies. Then hoisted the body up, rolled the frame out from under body, and finally rolled the body dolly under the hoisted body and lowered away! I'm a Newbie here so I don't know how to post pics, but I have an album of them! My project took 3 years...Don't know what happened:surprised I just when in the shop to wax the Beast:laughing: Lot's of Luck...Frank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sidepipe,

I plan on modifing the body stand by rasing it a little higher also. I've been trying to clean the underside of the 63 while still on the frame but its too much of a PIA. Post some pics when you get a chance. Thanks

Damian

·
Registered
367 Posts
C2 Stand.

Damian, not having much luck uploading pic's. If you could send me your e-mail adr, I could shoot you out some pictures. Tried to uopload one to the C2 gallery yesterday, but have'nt seen it. Regards, Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts