Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I began the body work yesterday and as I pulled all the trim and bumpers my brother DA sanded one fender and some other spots. I'll post pics tonight if I get in at a decent time as it's a 5 hour trip on way.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 inch L88 hood with the white ZL-1 stripe theme. Color is going to be Sunrise pearlesent with a black pearlesent stripe.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures as promised

The 5 holes where the mirror was:surprised

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool! Look forward to watching the progress.

I'll be wrapping up my body work in the next weeks, whew!
The body work is fun. After 3 months without seeing my Corvette I was having a mental breakdown and going nuts:surprised I took off all the trim except the luggage rack (my bro did that) while he DA'd the fender. I bought my own DA but it lasted about 5 seonds then the shaft went to wobbling:thud: so as I returned it he worked. I can't wait to do some DA'ing on my own. The passenger bumper has a bolt that won't come free and the impact I was using wasn't very strong so when I come back I'm bringing my IR 2135 Titanium to break the bolt free. On the front driver side the bracket that holds the acuator was very weak and when I removed an outer bolt it snapped so now I need that bracket and some new bolts. I'll keep the pictures rolling in as I do work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
There is no better feeling that finishing your own paint job. :partyon:

If the 5 holes is the biggest problem you run into count yourself lucky. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the 5 holes is the biggest problem you run into count yourself lucky. :laughing:

I wish but the bird cage is pretty rotted on the pillars and the windshield leaked for years so I'm hoping that it doesn't have to be completely cut out and redone, but if that happens then it happens. Whoever painted the car in 1987 didn't do a very good job as they put fiberglass on SMC and it didn't stick well so I have to do some re-glassing but I don't mind. The headlight accuator support broke so now I'm either going to have it welded or get a new one:thud: But thanks for the compliments and support:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Thats great 72SBVet I dont live but 70 miles from you, when I finish mine we need to get together and cruise a bit and there are some others up around Memphis that might join.

I found a add on craigs list from a business in Jackson that makes and rebuilds A/C compressors. When I get to the point I need my compressor I am going to give them a call and see if they can help me

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats great 72SBVet I dont live but 70 miles from you, when I finish mine we need to get together and cruise a bit and there are some others up around Memphis that might join.

I found a add on craigs list from a business in Jackson that makes and rebuilds A/C compressors. When I get to the point I need my compressor I am going to give them a call and see if they can help me
That would be cool:partyon: I'lll get some of the local Corvette owners to join as well. What is the name of the business that rebuilds the A/C units? There is one off of 45 South that redoes them.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're on south side of town about ten minutes from me. I'll ask a friend about how good they are:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
They're on south side of town about ten minutes from me. I'll ask a friend about how good they are:thumbsup:

Nothing like inside info.:thumbsup: Just looking at their web site looks like they have modern day processes.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He said they were pretty good. I guess they started back doing it for the public as they quit duit doing public and only did factories. Before you come just shoot me a PM as I'm only around 10 minutes from them and you can see my brothers 74 Corvette as we repair it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
He said they were pretty good. I guess they started back doing it for the public as they quit duit doing public and only did factories. Before you come just shoot me a PM as I'm only around 10 minutes from them and you can see my brothers 74 Corvette as we repair it:thumbsup:
Will do :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts