Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small problem. I am going to be getting a bonus check from work in about a month( under $5000 ). Now do I put this money into the household budget or do I finish my NOS install and buy a new catback system? I have no outstanding loans or any credit card debt so the money would probably end up in savings account. If I spend it on my vette I may feel very guilty about it? What would you guys do?:huh:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Just a Girl's opinion...finish the Vette!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Why feel guilty about spending your own money on your car? I mean, it's bonus so I guess you've worked hard enough for it, right? I'd finish the NOS install and buy a new catback exhaust and save the rest (if there's any:D)..:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
You could send it to me. I never feel guilty about spending money on the vette.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Take half and prepay your mortgage...and the other part spend on yourself and your wife...split 50/50.

JMO

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I have a small problem. I am going to be getting a bonus check from work in about a month( under $5000 ). Now do I put this money into the household budget or do I finish my NOS install and buy a new catback system? I have no outstanding loans or any credit card debt so the money would probably end up in savings account. If I spend it on my vette I may feel very guilty about it? What would you guys do?:huh:

...um, you're asking this question on a Corvette Forum. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Ask the same question on a financial planner website forum and you will get a different answer.

If you can afford not having the $5K in your budget, buy the cats. However, if need the $5K for extra or emergency funds, I'd wait. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
When I get mine in December ... I hope :lookinup: I am going to Spring Mountain 3 day class :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Come on, you have 2 choices. Be smart and save it, or have fun, and spend it!!! What do you want to do? Be smart or have fun?

You can't take it with you!!! :laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
$2500 on the Vette, $2500 in the bank. That's the smart thing to do.
I'd spend it all on the car though, no fun being smart.:laughing:

Honestly if is all just play money and you have a comfortable savings then enjoy it. If your living paycheck to paycheck and missing work for some unforseen reason will kill your budget then put it away.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Diversify, Diversify, Diversify....

Put some into the engine, some into the interior, and some into exterior dress up stuff. --But of course, put it all into the Vette.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts