Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for advice regarding what boost level to run on a 2005 with a stock lower. Im getting a Procharger D-1 with a Meth kit. I think they recommed a 6-8 psi, but with a meth kit can I run 10-15 without significantly risking engine damage.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I looking for advice regarding what boost level to run on a 2005 with a stock lower. Im getting a Procharger D-1 with a Meth kit. I think they recommed a 6-8 psi, but with a meth kit can I run 10-15 without significantly risking engine damage.
Whoever told you that is nuts
The LS2 is not strong enough long term with 10-15 PSI and anyone running that with 10.5:1 and higher engine compression has a screw loose or never runs engine hard enough to produce 15 PSI of boost.
Head bolts of LS2 cannot prevent head lift at high boost levels.

Meth has nothing to do with higher boost levels as the main purpose is to cool air temps to cylinders and reduce engine knock
GM shows this and the purpose of the LS3 and now with the LS9 where the block is much stronger for boost and even selling the ZR1 supercharger as a kit only for the LS3 and if buying a GS with manual trannie comes with the beefed up bottom end LS3.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Whoever told you that is nuts
The LS2 is not strong enough long term with 10-15 PSI and anyone running that with 10.5:1 and higher engine compression has a screw loose or never runs engine hard enough to produce 15 PSI of boost.
Head bolts of LS2 cannot prevent head lift at high boost levels.

Meth has nothing to do with higher boost levels as the main purpose is to cool air temps to cylinders and reduce engine knock
GM shows this and the purpose of the LS3 and now with the LS9 where the block is much stronger for boost and even selling the ZR1 supercharger as a kit only for the LS3 and if buying a GS with manual trannie comes with the beefed up bottom end LS3.
:agree: I would not run higher than 10 psi. I’m running 10 psi on my 05', 6 psi of alky, with the A+A kit. I get to 10 psi of boost between 6000 and 6500 rpm. On average my car made 6.1 psi of boost, and that was good for 573 RWHP and 495 RWTQ. You don't want to run too much and blow that thing up, especially after you put the charger on. Good luck, let us know about the dyno numbers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I had a long talk with a Procharger customer service rep. They have a great customer service department and answered all of my questions including some I hadnt thought of, yet. They definitely recommend less than 10 psi on the LS2 unless you plan on significantly modifying the engine. Otherwise, 6-8 psi is the standard recommendation.

Anyways, install should be done by May 10th. That'll give me a month to get use to it before going to VIR:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts