Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, those of you that have Borla Stingers or B&B's how is the resonance from 1500 to 2000 RPM? Have heard it is annoying but I need a definition for annoying. Can you not hear the radio at half blast or is just simply annoying?

Thanks in advance,

Jefe:huh:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
someone on here has to have these..just a matter of time beforet hey see/post here

B

·
0 Posts
I have the Stingers on my Z06 and I have ZERO ressonance at that range. The ONLY time I have any is when the car is cold and Im around 2900 RPM I can get a tiny bit. That is if I am granny shifting. If I get on it, I hear no ressonance at that mark.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Jefe,

I've had both B&B and the Barla Stingers on my 1999 C5 and both are louder that stock. I'm currently running "Stinger's" and they are loud and if you're running headers and high flow CATs then louder. Radio, what's that ?:laughing: Annoying ? No, not to me, but the "Stinger Sound" is what I went for.

Radio - Don't use it much. . . too busy driving the Autobahns here in Germany @ 150 + mph to use one . At lower speeds I can hear the radio with "Stinger's" , but you DO get ressonance at lowere RPM's as well.

So, if the radio is what you want to hear then you may not want "Stinger's". For me, I love the Stingers and would take em off for anything. . . . . but there is a price to pay ! Good luck. . .

Cecil
German American Corvette Club
of Baden-Wurttemberg, Heidleberg, Germay

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
Welcome davisce. Glad your part of the dc crew. Good comments on the Borlas and you're right, they sound awesome

·
Registered
451 Posts
Greg,

Thanks for the welcom. . . . Nice C5 by the way. I'm driving a 1999 C5, 6 Speed, Nassau Blue. I've done a few MOD's to keep it in the comptition with the newer C5 and all this European Iron over here in Germany.

From the front I'm running a Blackwing air intake, MIT scoop get the cool air in, FLP Headers, Random Tech High Flow CATs, X-Pipe, Stingers, Granatellin MAFS, Hypertech Power Programmer III, Xtreme Wheels, 18x9.5 front & 18x11 rear. Mov-it Big Brake System on the Front, Bilstein Shocks all around, and Michelin Pilot Sport tires, 265x35/18 front & 295x35/18 on the rear.

I'll post a pic as soon as I figur out how to do it. . . :huh:

Check you later. . .

Cecil
Heidelberg, Germay
Fort Ladurdale, Florida is Home

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just ordered the stingers (single tips) .I should have them by Tuesday and installed by wednesday.I will post shortly after that. Would much rather hear the LS1 than the sorry radio stations.:excited:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Borla stingers with single tips on my C5 and only a small amount of resonance is noticeable between 1800-2000 RPM but only if you have a non-accelerating throttle situation. During a normal throttle up to around 3000-3400 RPM between gears no resonance is noticeable. My friend has a Corsa 4 tip set up – IMHO the sound has to high of a pitch. I prefer the lower tone of the Borla.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts