Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on the Bourla Pro XS mufflers? Found a very good deal on them. Stainless, offset in and out in 2 1/2" and million mile warrenty

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Any comments on the Bourla Pro XS mufflers? Found a very good deal on them. Stainless, offset in and out in 2 1/2" and million mile warrenty
I have never heard Borla's on a C3, but I have always liked them on other cars.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've had Borla mufflers before I installed sidepipes. They sound awesome (true duals, shorty headers, no cats)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Bourla Turbos on my 77, I found a local guy I can get them for $63 ea. He will also sell me all the pipe and Mandrel bends I need total under $200. I am thinkin Deal!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I had Bourla Turbos on my 77, I found a local guy I can get them for $63 ea. He will also sell me all the pipe and Mandrel bends I need total under $200. I am thinkin Deal!
The previous owner bought the Borlas .... They're listed for a C4 in Ecklers catalog but fit the C3... I think they're $500 for the pair.... for $63 each I doubt that you're getting the same mufflers but if they're stainless Borlas (not a cheap copy) then go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called the dealer on the Bourla site and thats the price he gave me. I like Ecklers but their stuff is frequently over priced. It seems for Exhause systems most of the vendors are a bit pricy. I have only found the PRO Xs stuff on a couple places tho. I'll go check this guy out, I can't see why a friggin muffler should cost $250 no matter who makes it

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. All that matters is size, and back pressure. Other than that, they are just poop shoots.:rolling:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, True dat

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
The previous owner bought the Borlas .... They're listed for a C4 in Ecklers catalog but fit the C3... I think they're $500 for the pair.... for $63 each I doubt that you're getting the same mufflers but if they're stainless Borlas (not a cheap copy) then go for it:thumbsup:
The ones in your pic are the C3 version, I had those when they were only available for C4s, they have a shoehorn type hanger (very long and close to the case) and I had to fabricate my own hangers for them but they sounded awesome.

Here is a very old pic LOL, see the hanger on the inside? that was custom :)

Here are some vids:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=corvette+dual+exhaust

Click the vids w/ the white 82, it has 2,75" duals, w/ high flow 3" cats, no crossover and the borla ss mufflers.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. All that matters is size, and back pressure. Other than that, they are just poop shoots.:rolling:

Yeh, but some time you need a super duper pooper shooter.....

I can loan you one of our cats.....

:WTF :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey Marck..... looks like one of us swapped the mufflers left/right - the hangers look very familiar but I had them on the outside to get the mufflers closer to the center .....

I kinda think I should not have sold the mufflers...... :crazy:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I just realized that the shoehorn type hanger was C3, you have them and the white 82 has them also, that's what mad me goof. The C4 just has a sort of tab on the top w/ a keyhole shaped slot in it. That's what I had. You can't swap the mufflers because they come w/ angled inlets. The hangers you see are what I fabricated myself. I sold mine also, dumbest thing I ever did! Sold them to a class a asshole at that!! :down:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts