Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Borla Stingers on a C6 Coupe - Interior Resonance???

My first Vette, an 08 Atomic Orange Coupe, M6, Z51, 3LT, should be here any day.
My first mod will be to add a new muffler.
I love the way the Stingers sound, but I haven't been able to find anyone in my area who I can take test-drive with.

With the Stingers, will there be a lot of annoying interior resonance?
I'm not talking about volume or loudness - I mean vibrating/resonating sound that will give me headache after I'm in the car for any amount of time.

I've driven a C6 with B&B Route 66's........that's the kind of interior sound I don't want. They resonate really badly IMO.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Borla has some resonance. Some members have experimented with forward resonators like the Corsa Touring or the Bassani x-pipe resonator. The Bassani resonator works well as it replaces the x-pipe. Other resonators may a fitment problem if you have headers.

:cheers:

·
Registered
97 Posts
With the Stingers, will there be a lot of annoying interior resonance?
I'm not talking about volume or loudness - I mean vibrating/resonating sound that will give me headache after I'm in the car for any amount of time.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I may be lucky, but I've had no resonance problem with my Stingers. I'm amazed at how nasty they sound at idle and under acceleration, and how quiet they are cruising at 80 mph in 6th. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I may be lucky, but I've had no resonance problem with my Stingers. I'm amazed at how nasty they sound at idle and under acceleration, and how quiet they are cruising at 80 mph in 6th. :thumbsup:
Do you have an a6 or m6 and do you have any other aftermarket upgrades, im thinking about an exhaust but dont want resonance at speed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you have an a6 or m6 and do you have any other aftermarket upgrades, im thinking about an exhaust but dont want resonance at speed.

It's an '07 M6 with no other upgrades. I tried Corsa Sports for a couple of weeks, but the sound just wasn't what I wanted. The first time I hit the start button with the Stingers, I knew I had the right exhaust. Like I said before, haven't had any resonance problems. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts