Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swaped out my 1 wire stock O2 sender for the BOSCH P/N 13077 3 wire heated O2 sender mainly due to my full lenght headers.

To make a long story short at first the Bosch O2 sender worked fine but now with 300 miles on it it's starting to have a intermediate code 44.

Once in a while.

I read some where else that anouther C4 guy said stay awy from the Bosch brand O2 senders.

What you thinking about this.

I hate to go by anouther O2 sender again.

Is there a better made O2 than Bosch out there.
I also ned a part Number.

·
Registered
424 Posts
bosch, ntk, and nippendenso are the three main aftermarket i know of.

ive sold hundreds of bosch 02 sensors with little to no problems. (more problems with people stripping them out than failing)

i also know that many different manufacturers use bosch 02 sensors straight off the line.

and i also know that ive had the exact same problem as you with a GM 02 sensor, and i tried a new bosch sensor and it did the same thing, so i just learned to ignore it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
anouther C4 guy said stay awy from the Bosch brand O2 senders.
Don't believe everything you read on line. :lookinup:
Look at some of the stuff you have had problems with in the last year that nobody else has

Bosch are the O2 sensor of choice for many aftermarket Wideband O2 units like the popular Innovate products

Have you rechecked your wiring for continuity / bad connections since YOU did the swap?
Have you data logged to see when fault happens?
Is the heating element getting power full time?
Maybe the heater is not working so you are in the same situation as before with the O2 dropping out @ idle

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to also tell you this started after I washed the motor off with engine cleaner and a good hose down.

I was thinking it was a wet conection some where but after a full day letting thing dry off after a engine run and a 40 mile drive.

I reset the computer it still has a intermediate service engine soon lite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts