Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern Cal people please help!!!

I am leaving for a 1000 mile trip Wednesday afternoon and need my iPod.

I am going to install a Pioneer DEH-6900UB but can't find anyone in SoCal that has the Bose wiring adapter.

Anyone have one? New or used, I don't care.

I'll come and pick it up if you have it.

Thanks,
Rad

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the adapter

Modern Image in Moreno Valley, CA had the adapter in stock.

Got my Pioneer DEH-6900UB installed easily. Love my car and iPod again. Will be doing sub, amp and components before June.

Soundgate will be for sale when the install is complete. Have the components coming out of my truck, sub is coming from my home theater, need to purchase my amp and remember where I saw the killer speaker mounts for components.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What Adapter?

I was confused by your post. I just installed the Pioneer DEH-9800 BT in my 2004 C5 and Crutchfield supplied a GM wiring harness that plugged into the adapter that the OEM head plugged into. Was that the harness you were talking about?
:buhbye:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did your car have the Bose system? If it did, you need a special adapter to connect to the front speakers. If you just use a regular GM adapter, it will cause problems with the amplifiers that run the subs in the front doors. The front subs are looking for a modified speaker level input. The higher wattage of the direct connection may result in early death for the amps that power the front speakers. It has been a while since I did my research but that is what I remember from doing it. The adapter that I used actually ran the front subs from the rear speaker leads and then ran the front tweeters with a electronic box of some kind in-line.
I did wind up taking out the rear (crappy) speakers since I could not fade them any more and it was causing the soundstage to move all the way behind me. Now that I just have front speakers, I am reasonably pleased with the way it sounds.
A sub would make a huge improvement but I am not sure that I am willing to give up the storage in the back and go through the hassle of installing an amp.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bose Subs

Just confirmed with Crutchfield. When you use the Stock GM wire harness they supply you will loose your 8" subs. no damage will occur ro the speakers its just you loose the subs altogther. Do you know if using the Soundgate Interface GMCRV01 you get all the subs back?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for making the call. Now I remember.

Yes, the subs work very nicely with the Soundgate adapter. That was the reason I stressed over getting it. I was pretty happy with the stock deck and would never have replaced it if I could have made the iPod work with it.

I do recommend disconnecting the rear speakers. There is plenty of sound coming from the front speakers and the rear speakers are cheap crap. Since they are close to your ears, you will hear a lot of cheap crap sound until you upgrade or disconnnect. I would not spend the money to upgrade as a 8" sub will always make better bass than a 5.25 coax. If you are going to spend money to upgrade, get an amp and components for the front and a sub for the rear.

Rad

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bose SVEN2 harness for After Market Pioneer.

Well the soundgate interface has been discountinued, so I ordered the Peripheral SVEN2 and the harness for the 04 Vette. Hopefully it will work as well as the soundgate. Should have it by the weekend. It just sucks I need to pull it all out and resolder the whole thing! On the up side its only $53

:spanked:

7/30/07 Update:
ther Peripheral SVEN2 and SVHGM4 Harnessed worked great. Connected to the SVEN2 from my Pioneer HU via the RCA Sub Plugs and then to the harness. I posted a detail how to install the unit in this forum section. Also I posted several install pics in my gallary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts