Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded my system. Took out the bose and changed it for an Alpine 900bt, 17s component speakers, 13s coaxials for the rear ,JL sub and tne Alpine PX-5. The system is great and it is day and night difference from the Bose.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a good setup. Full audio was the first thing I did after I bought my Vette, its so easy to pull it apart to hide wires and fit whatever speakers you want in it :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just upgraded my system. Took out the bose and changed it for an Alpine 900bt, 17s component speakers, 13s coaxials for the rear ,JL sub and tne Alpine PX-5. The system is great and it is day and night difference from the Bose.
CAn you explain more about what you used and any difficulties with it. On all my previous vettes I started with all sound insulation to deaden the interior which helps a lot but I really want a great sounding setup wiht tearing teh car apart and re-cutting to re-fit a set-up. I've got a Logic7 in my Range Rover which blows away every system I've eevr heard

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The install was pretty easy according to my installer.The Alpine head fit perfect with the install kit. The door speakers fit right in the doors where the speakers were removed with the addition of a mounting plate to fit the 6.5 in a 10 inch space. The rears fit perfectly and the JL sub is made for the car, it fits right inthe left corner. The amp fits right in the right storage compartment. Everything looks great and sounds unbelievable. If I get time this weekend I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The install was pretty easy according to my installer.The Alpine head fit perfect with the install kit. The door speakers fit right in the doors where the speakers were removed with the addition of a mounting plate to fit the 6.5 in a 10 inch space. The rears fit perfectly and the JL sub is made for the car, it fits right inthe left corner. The amp fits right in the right storage compartment. Everything looks great and sounds unbelievable. If I get time this weekend I will post some pictures.
That woudl be great to get soem photos. I don't want to crap u the car jsut imprvoe the sound.
Did you have a Bose premium sound sys with Nav? I've seen where a interated interlaced harness is made to add an amp to and existing head unit right to a new amp and speaker setup. It that what you did?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts