Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted how I have a non bose stereo hooked up to bose speakers......I had no issues for 2 years till this Saturday!:( I got in my car & I had no radio?:( I checked the fuses & found the radio one was bad. Every time I put a fuse in now it just blows the fuse immediatly?:huh: So I take everything apart to look for a exposed/rubbing wire but cant find any? I disconnect the radio & try to put a fuse in & it still blows the fuse!:( I then removed anything I had rigged into the electrical (fans,guage pods & speedometer callibrator) & the fuse would still blow!:nuts: I even checked my lighter to make sure a penny wasnt lodged in it or somthing? So I wire a new power to the radio & remove the old power source....as soon as I pluged the 2 wire connector (bose I guess...not part of the three plug set up?) the sound will come on but the wire begins to melt!:surprised WTF! Everything works on the radio without that wire plugged in but the sound (unless I hook up the wire that melts) but if I hook up a regular speaker in the back it works (sounds like **** though...I am gonna need an amp) ! I guess I am gonna either buy a Bose radio or buy a kicker box & amp.....I cant drive it without tunes!:nuts: :( Why would it have worked for 2 years with no issues & not all of a sudden?:huh:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Ouch. Ive been told by many people to replace the whole system when your getting a new Deck. Bose only likes working with Bose. Hope you can figure out the problem.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
I have a JVC deck hooked up to the Bose system.

Works fine.

I don't think I used the bose adapter.

Worried.

:(

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got the thing working!!!:excited: I removed the bose speaker's & re wired them bypassing the amps & everything works fine.....Still loud as hell!!!:excited:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
I finally got the thing working!!!:excited: I removed the bose speaker's & re wired them bypassing the amps & everything works fine.....Still loud as hell!!!:excited:<br>
Good Job.:thumbsup:
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update....After installing everything I decided to take her for a ride with the tunes cranking & when I turned the key I had nothing....not even a click!:huh: I checked all the fuses & they were all good!:huh: Si I checked the starter & it had power so I jumped the starter & the car started!:excited: I then shut it off & it starts every time with the key now?:huh: I hope it was just a bad coincidence?:huh: Another messed up thing is I can put a fuse in the radio spot (blew every try today?) with out it blowing the fuse?:huh: I am done messing with the car/headache for today....Its MILLER time!:excited: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
The starting issue could be either the radio/amp shorting out and rapidly draining the battery (same thing that was popping the fuses).

Or, it could be the onset of VATS issues.:(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I wired my Bose up with out the amps to my new radio untill I bought my new speakers. I had wired it with the amps at firstbut you couldn't control the sound. If you had the volume on 3 you could bearly hear it but if you turned it to 4 it was to loud. That's when I bypassed my amps.
P.S. Bose amps for sale.:D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My system has been working great ever since I removed everything that had the name "Bose" on it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
The starting issue could be either the radio/amp shorting out and rapidly draining the battery (same thing that was popping the fuses).

Or, it could be the onset of VATS issues.:(<br>
I think it was the starter celonoid (spelling?) was sticking? I also found another electrical issue in order to still have wipers on the car (383 with tall valve covers that touch wiper moter) I had to grind the plastic cover in the wiper moter & re-cover some areas with electrical tape....well the tape was missing & electrical crap was touching the valve covers!:surprised I hope that is why the fuse was blowing...Its not now?:huh: I know its not the vats cause its not hooked up(I have a 86 column but never plugged in vats?).:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
You may want to be carefull using the bose speakers wired directly to your aftermarket head unit. The speaker impedance of the bose speakers (without the amps) is very low and could overload the output of many car stereos. Long term it could cause problems for your head unit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by HTRK-1 ...<br>
You may want to be carefull using the bose speakers wired directly to your aftermarket head unit. The speaker impedance of the bose speakers (without the amps) is very low and could overload the output of many car stereos. Long term it could cause problems for your head unit.<br>
Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts