Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Silicone smooth air coupler and a throttle body air booster insert threw eBay from Indy motorwerks. Will I see and measurable HP gains, and before I install them, will it affect my idle? Or did I just waste my money? I have a 2003 z06

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
You might get 2 to 3 extra horses.

Jr.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I just bought a Silicone smooth air coupler and a throttle body air booster insert threw eBay from Indy motorwerks. Will I see and measurable HP gains, and before I install them, will it affect my idle? Or did I just waste my money? I have a 2003 z06

Unless you dyno before and after, no.

Like C6-R-JR said 2-3hp max and a sub 1% change in over all power will not be noticed by the ole ass dyno

There should be no effect on idle as it is controlled in the throttle bodywhich is after the coupler you are installing

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
It's doubtful you'll feel any power increase. But, you have a C5 Z06 and it has plenty of tire shredding oooph already.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I got a Corsa Pace Car exhaust with X-pipe. I was told I may see up to 15 horsepower gain. That was 6 months ago and I must have left the horsepower gain under the car at Bloomington Gold where the exhaust was installed. :huh:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You'll lose 3 horsepower

But have some Bling to show-off at "Cars and Coffee" next Saturday morning

·
Registered
119 Posts
You'll lose 3 horsepower

But have some Bling to show-off at "Cars and Coffee" next Saturday morning
:agree: Ditch the throttle body insert. You just shrank your 78mm throttle body down several mm. Port it instead, not a hard job and you'll actually get better throttle response.

·
Registered
358 Posts
:agree: Ditch the throttle body insert. You just shrank your 78mm throttle body down several mm. Port it instead, not a hard job and you'll actually get better throttle response.
:agree:

Throttle body spacer is trash.... Port it instead. I felt a noticeable change in throttle response when I did mine.

Toque

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I got a Corsa Pace Car exhaust with X-pipe. I was told I may see up to 15 horsepower gain. That was 6 months ago and I must have left the horsepower gain under the car at Bloomington Gold where the exhaust was installed. :huh:
:laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
:laughing:
I mean it. I only did the upgrade for the sound so I got exactly what I was looking for but the upgrade in horsepower never showed up in the seat of my pants. Maybe that's because I have a big ass but still, no HP gain felt here.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I mean it. I only did the upgrade for the sound so I got exactly what I was looking for but the upgrade in horsepower never showed up in the seat of my pants. Maybe that's because I have a big ass but still, no HP gain felt here.
I changed my air intake, and exhaust...No difference in performance..The colder air now seems to affect the performance in a positive manner..

I too like the way they look and sound ..:D

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Headers and high flow cats will help, but not the exhaust alone. Loud pipes save lives.:laughing:

Jr.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Loud pipes are the reason I can't listen to my stereo in the El Camino anymore! They may keep people from running into me but I think all the rust showing on the car is actually what keeps them out of my lane. :D

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
You do realize that on a 350hp engine 15 hp is only a 4.3% increase. Add to that in my opinion an X pipe and mufflers would be more like 5-10hp not 15hp. Again it would be a mod I would want a dyno before & after to see the difference.

I also bought my Corsas for the sound, and they rock:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Nah, I don't realize anything about horsepower unless it is drastic. Like when I went from a 350 to a 383. I noticed the hell out of all that torque! Likewise when I went back to a 360, I noticed the loss. That's why I would never do these tiny little HP gains. If I'm going for a gain, I'm gonna snap some necks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
:agree:

Throttle body spacer is trash.... Port it instead. I felt a noticeable change in throttle response when I did mine.

Toque
Good point. I don't see people bringing up porting, but logically it would be the best bang for the buck. Did you tune after that?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good point. I don't see people bringing up porting, but logically it would be the best bang for the buck. Did you tune after that?
I got mine polished/ported by Shanner. I installed it and within a month had a heads cam installed (5 yrs ago). Then I had it tuned because of the heads/cam. I don't think you should need to get it tuned... unless you start throwing lean codes. I doubt you would though.

Toque

1 - 19 of 19 Posts