Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, new guy here. I'm an Aussie expat, living and working in Saudi Arabia. I spent 15 years in the RAAF as an aircraft techo and am now (trying) to teach the Saudi Air Force guys to do what I do. I've been here nearly 9 years.

I have an 82 Vette, 2 tone silver with a dark red interior. It's currently up on jacks while I rebuild the front end, which I should have finished this weekend. After that, Jeep box and Hydroboost go in then the interior becomes the "OUT"terior while I replace everything.

I don't have too much Vette knowledge to pass on but I'll chime in every so often :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Welcome to Digital Corvettes!! There is lots of C3 expertise here if you run into a snag on your restoration.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Welcome to the Crew!

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcoms guys:thumbsup: I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them. Be warned, it's a shed at the moment!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey man, welcome. Can't wait to see the pics. 9 years in Saudi.....damn. I am also air force and have worked with a whole bunch of Saudis before, but definately not for 9 years. Did you volunteer or get voluntold to stay over there that long.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey man, welcome. Can't wait to see the pics. 9 years in Saudi.....damn. I am also air force and have worked with a whole bunch of Saudis before, but definately not for 9 years. Did you volunteer or get voluntold to stay over there that long.
No, I discharged from the RAAF and took a job out here as a civvy :crazy: But..... the money and other parts of my contract are pretty good and in nearly 9 years, I have just about filled my second passport travelling around the world.

I replaced the brake calipers last year then got new tyres and when I got a wheel alignment, the guys pointed out to me that pretty much all the front end bushes were now perished rubber dust and they were unable to do a wheel alignment. I pulled everything out and bought myself a little powder coating system so I could tart everything up. When I pulled the hub off the spindle, I found that Bubba had obviously replaced the wheel bearings...

...and the spindles were toast!

Anyway, between eBay and tracdogg, I got all the bits I needed, powder coated everything that I could and have now started putting it all back together. This last weekend, I buried inside the wheel arch and the chassis (the parts that will be hard to reach with the front end back together) with under body sealer. After that, I started reassembly :thumbsup:

And this is what it looks like at the moment :surprised

Once the front end's back in, it's going back for a wheel alignment then back home where I'll replace the steering box with a Jeep box and I'll be installing hydroboost while I'm at it.

:smack​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts