Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Well I've been looking into purchasing a C5 for a while now and have finally found one that could be the ticket. It's a 2001 with 14000 miles, 6spd, and the removable top. The only detail that didn't fit my ideal C5 was the color. I haven't seen many bowling green corvettes and the owner didn't even clean her up before I went to look at her. The paint is alright (it has a few minor scratches) but I'd like to hear from you guys if you think that color cleans up good / if you like it.

I am planning on test driving the car this sunday with a friend who has owned multiple corvettes and he's said he's seen hot looking corvettes in this color. I would also appreciate any photo's of good looking bowling green C5s.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Well from a distance the car looks Black. Hope that helps:huh: . Actually I have never liked any shade of green on any vehicle. Don't let my opinion stop you from buying a nice vette.You have to ask yourself ,when you decided to buy a vette what color interested you the most?

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I like it, however, the color is classy, not sporty.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Color is so subjective, it's all a matter of personal opinion. Here's mine: Bowling Green Metallic is one of the best colors ever put on a Corvette.

Go for it. A little claybar and Adam's, and you'll have an absolute jewel.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
First off I'll say I like the color. Haven't seen many C5s that color which in my opinion is cool.

Secondly I would never buy the car without seeing it clean. That said, there is no better way to see the flaws in the paint and body than by washing it yourself. If the owner isn't going to wash it for you to see it then I'd ask if I could wash it myself and if I liked what I saw I'd buy it. If not then I'd look elsewhere. Either way good luck!

·
Registered
752 Posts
not a big fan of green, but i know a lot of enthusiasts that believe that is the best color for a corvette. I think it would be cool, tho to have a green vette. very rare

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your input. I think the green is growing on me (I've checked out a few good examples). I'm going to test drive it today at 4, hopefully if it drives like a 14,000mile corvette I'll have her in my garage tonight.

I have another question about the engine but I'm going to start a new thread for that.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Love it. Love the look and the rare factor is a great bonus. Hope it works out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fell in love test driving her and picked her up earlier today... I'll post some pictures after I clean her up. :partyon:

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
GREEN OR BLUE are my favorite colors go for the green you will love it guaranteed.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Id say go for it if its in good shape paint wise. I had a 93 polo green/saddle interior. One of the nicest color combos ive seen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bowling Green was the least produced color in 2001, 919 units, that includes coupe and convertible combined. (corvette black book)

Good luck with your new ride.:cheers:
Call adams asap to set up your new ride:partyon:

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Congrats that is a sweet Vette. Ours was Polo Green Metallic/Saddle int when I bought it. It's my favorite color of Midnight Blue Pearl now.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: Awesome new ride bro! Congratulations.
:agree:

That Green is very sharp! Like a few of the others said...RARE too. You have a sweet ride there my friend! :thumbsup:

Have fun!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts