Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my brake system and I need to know a fitting size. I have a C5 MC and C4 calipers with 6mm lines and M12x1 fittings all around except for one port on the MC. I have the lines teeing off in the front and the back to the individual calipers, but I can't make the lines from the tee to the caliper until I know what size nut to use to screw into the flexible brake lines. I can't find my lines (I've got parts everywhere), so I can't just try it and see what fits. So does anyone know what size I need? I have M12x1 and M10x1 nuts, and the lines are stock C4 brake hoses.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I until I know what size nut to use to screw into the flexible brake lines..
Is the same M10 thread that screws into caliper
Everything on a C4 is the same size except for the larger fitting on the M/C

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the same M12 thread that screws into caliper
Everything on a C4 is the same size except for the larger fitting on the M/C
Thanks for your reply; however, I thought the C4 used M10x1 bolts and nuts? The only reason I ask is because I just want to be sure, I'm not saying you are wrong.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Thanks for your reply; however, I thought the C4 used M10x1 bolts and nuts? The only reason I ask is because I just want to be sure, I'm not saying you are wrong.
Sorry
Brain snap. :crazy:

Everything is M10

I test fitted a line and fitting to confirm before posting above and for some reason when looking at it thought 12mm
Above post corrected

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Thank you very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts