Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brake question,now with a pic

Hi, I have a 92 C4 that I am putting C5 brakes on. What I am wondering about are the 4 small clips that came with my brakes.
Does anyone have a link to a pic of the C5 brake assembly?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi, I have a 92 C4 that I am putting C5 brakes on. What I am wondering about are the 4 small clips that came with my brakes.
Does anyone have a link to a pic of the C5 brake assembly?
Can you be a little more specific? What is it you're wondering about? If it's the "clips" i'm thinking about, it's what the pads sit in. The clips go in the caliper and the pads go in the clips.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wdtiger, what I am talking about is a set of 4 clips like the one below. As to your first post I dont see how these could sit in the caliper. This has really got me puzzled:smack

·
Registered
597 Posts
the clips are meant to replace the current ones on the brackets. if there arnt any they should just snap into place. some can be a pain though so you may just have to hold it while you put the pads on.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There arnt any now, I bought the parts unassembled. Anyone have a tech drawing or something out of a FSM or a link to a pic?

·
Registered
597 Posts
well the bracket should look pretty much like this. i wasnt able to find a picture of the actual bracket. but on this picture there are two little valley type spots. the clips just go in there. they should only be able to go one way so if you just play with it for a little bit im sure you will figure it out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I think I got it figured out, they go on the "ends" rather than the sides of the caliper. Dont know why I was so fixed with thinking they went on the sides but oh well :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts