Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing rear brake pads and wanted to know what the experts think about brake pads (just low not scraping yet).
I just drive around Orlando FL on the weekends (no racing)
auto zone has regular semi metalic pads for $18 & some $50 pads I think they are organic. Ecklers has a few choices , but since auto zone will give me a lifetime warranty (free pads for life) I'd rather buy them there. are the semi metallic ones OK?

also I was out in the rain two weeks ago and since then my "low flat tire lite" comes on sometimes now, but the tires are fine.
How do I check the sensors to determine whats going on (I figure one of them was messed up from the 4 inches of water) .
gonna do my brakes on saturday and check the sensors so I figured posting a question or two would help me (& others reading this post)
thanks for your help & suggestions

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I bought pinnacle brakes they are carbon /metallic ($51) they also have Z rated ($59) , maybe thats ZR1 rated who knows the autozone guy certainly doesn't know
and Rebestos ones are also available ($52)

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Topman said:
Well I bought pinnacle brakes they are carbon /metallic ($51) they also have Z rated ($59) , maybe thats ZR1 rated who knows the autozone guy certainly doesn't know
and Rebestos ones are also available ($52)
Z rated? I thought only tires were Z-rated? Man, I'd sure like to know what he meant. I thought brake pads were... brake pads.

:huh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts