Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I backed my 00 vette out of the garage to let run for a while. I let my car idle for about 20 minutes , I then went to put it back in the garage. When I pushed down on the brake pedal , it was so hard , i put the car in gear and noticed the front right caliber was locked up. I shut the car off and left it alone for about an hour. I restarted it and everything was back to normal and I was able to pull the car back into the garage with no problem. :WTF could it be abs or what.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It may be time to rebuild that caliper,

I'd pull it apart, Clean it, Re grease it & the sliders then rebleed "that 1 caliper" for starters

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
how much excercise has the car got lately? if it has been sitting for a while, say all winter....it could be something as simple as the caliper being stuck on the slides, or something as nasty as the abs module malfunctioning....my guess is the caliper piston or the slides just got siezed up

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Without adequate fluid changes, flexible brake lines can deteriorate and collapse, causing that behavior. I've seen that plenty of times on cars in the 10-15 year old range, but typically closer to 15 years. Almost planted a friend's Camaro in the trees one time as a result...

Give 'em a check as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without adequate fluid changes, flexible brake lines can deteriorate and collapse, causing that behavior. I've seen that plenty of times on cars in the 10-15 year old range, but typically closer to 15 years. Almost planted a friend's Camaro in the trees one time as a result...

Give 'em a check as well.
Thank you for the input , since the car is on the lift i'll check all the calibers and replace the brake fluid along with a good bleeding.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It may be time to rebuild that caliper,

I'd pull it apart, Clean it, Re grease it & the sliders then rebleed "that 1 caliper" for starters
:thumbsup:

My Brother "had" a 2000 SS and had that happen while driving. Best to take it apart and do as said above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts