Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the master cyl and c6 booster down to start making them work together. Having to use a c6 because it is steel and the hot side is running down that side. Rotors and calipers havent made it yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ill be watching this one. How much does a C6 booster cost? It would be nice to replace the plastic one in my race car but the C4 metal ones are very hard to find.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I give like 50 bucks for it at Carlisle last yr. I looked for metal one for the c4 but decided I would have more room with the c6 one. If it worked in a c6 it will work in my car:laughing:. The only thing I haven't looked at yet is the fittings for the lines to the MC. I hope I can find some that look good and not have to make them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
*Subscribes*

Cant wait to see how this project unfolds! :D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. What rotors/calipers you running?

The rubber band is a nice touch :D
Its one of those deals like the hood..cant make that scoop look good on that car:laughing:. and you cant fit a tire larger than a 335 on a C4:laughing:. I have been told that I cant run big brakes and have a wheel with a dish:laughing:. I am using Wilwoods. I am not using the kit they have for the C4. I am using bits and pieces from there inventory. Hope it works:laughing:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why a normal booster and not a hydroboost set up?
the hydroboost is 2" longer than the booster. I think that the c6 booster and wilwood MC is 4" or so longer than the c4. Would put the mc closer to the hot side. I am also wanting this project to speed up. Some times I loose my mind when building things and want to carry it over the top.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
the hydroboost is 2" longer than the booster. I think that the c6 booster and wilwood MC is 4" or so longer than the c4. Would put the mc closer to the hot side. I am also wanting this project to speed up. Some times I loose my mind when building things and want to carry it over the top.
Oh, you aren't concerned with diameter it's length you're working on. I thought you were trying to get it skinnier. I would never guess you like to do things over the top after seeing your rear suspension.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, you aren't concerned with diameter it's length you're working on. I thought you were trying to get it skinnier. I would never guess you like to do things over the top after seeing your rear suspension.:laughing:
It is diameter some, gained about a inch or so.

Speaking of suspension, I am going to get schooled over on cf. :rolling:. Any one wanna jump in and see if we can get this guy to take his half shaft out.

http://m.corvetteforum.com/c4-tech-performance/2830856-whats-everones-ride-height.html

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey COPO what size tire are you running out back? Ive followed your suspension thread but don't remember the size.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey COPO what size tire are you running out back? Ive followed your suspension thread but don't remember the size.
I think he's using 355/25/19 in the rear and 315/30/19 up front. I remember reading something like that on one of his posts. He'll correct me if wrong.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
355/25/19 rear
275/30/19 front

I was on the fence between 275 or 285 on the front. Mite try that on the next set. It the only set of tires know to man in large sizes that stay within the stock size height. Most 19/20 are 27 inches or taller.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool! Look forward to seeing what you sort out.

Doing it yourself is where the fun is. By fun I mean headaches and by headaches I mean the ones the wife gets from the garage clutter. :laughing:
I don't have a wife, never have but I do on occasions take the trash out in the mornings:laughing:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lets see if I can dig up a picture from when I killed my half-shaft and post it over there.

*edit*
- Done... I love those pictures.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts