Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It needed replacing, something wrong dealer said, so they ordered me a brand new (1) installed and upon comparison, or driving by store front windows, or driving behind friends car, the NEW headlight is about 75% dimmer than the old (1) what gives? this is on my 2005 BTW is there a difference? maybe this is a newer 2007 Xenon? I hate it! this me :WTF hitting the dealership:smack

Any ideas? I thought just maybe they take time to wear in? ie get brighter over time? possible?:huh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
It needed replacing, something wrong dealer said, so they ordered me a brand new (1) installed and upon comparison, or driving by store front windows, or driving behind friends car, the NEW headlight is about 75% dimmer than the old (1) what gives? this is on my 2005 BTW is there a difference? maybe this is a newer 2007 Xenon? I hate it! this me :WTF hitting the dealership:smack

Any ideas? I thought just maybe they take time to wear in? ie get brighter over time? possible?:huh:
Go back to the dealership and complain... There may be another problem. Why did the original fail? Short? Improper voltage supply? At least if you take it back they will document it even if they send you on your way... A dealerships shop is only as good as their technicians. Maybe someone will be there that is a little more experience the second time.... maybe.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me they'll be seeing me tomorrow in the AM...Just realized they also ripped/broke tabs holding front bumper in line w/headlight/hood area, totall BS! Piece about 3" long is sticking straight up!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you just turn on the HID's to see how they were, then shut off the car?

Because HID's need to take a couple minutes to get to maximum light illumination, the gases gotta mix in the bulb.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I believe the "new" bulb should have been brighter than the old one if anything. I read this a long time ago somewhere but cant remember where. So I believe you have some other problem going on (voltage, etc.).:lookinup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't heard back what the problem is? will keep you guys posted, also to the other poster inquiring on warm up time---Yes long trips on all occurances, doesn't change, I have a few night pic's if anyone wants to see exactly how bad it is?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if they were dumb enough to break tabs maybe they didnt correctly attach the ground?
I'm not big on electronics, but I think you may have something there, as is I'm asking/demanding an entire new front bumper, I or they could easily glue it down, but that's NOT happening I own my car and upon resale, this could be a potential loss off value, even if glued there's now a gap twice the size between the panels....totally sux! w/out new tabs glue will only hold it down, not pull the panels together like it should before they man handled it.:smack

Thanks for your input, I'll mention it to these lug nutz today.:thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
i hate chevy dealerships and i emailed GM my discontent, you know they cracked my fricken rocker panel!!!!! I go there once, for an oil change, tell them repeated times about pucks, they said they would take care of it and they crack a rocker panel, now i dont know what to do, the crack in on the underside- isnt visible unless your under the car. so if they replaced it the paint might, actually prolly wont match the rest of the car, and i dont want that! Tey have ruined by car. Ive had the car up on jack stands 3 times, had every wheel off once, dismanteled my entire front end and dug into the PCM twice, never with an issue, what a joke! ill trust my local gas station mechanic over these clowns any day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts